Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Fire

June 12, 2019
Mechanical-electrical failure cause of truck fire
June 12, 2019 - 4:48pm
June 3, 2019
Fire lights. (Republic file photo)
Mount Vernon garage destroyed in Sunday fire
June 3, 2019 - 4:34pm
May 30, 2019
Arnav Gupta. (Montgomery County Police)
Man sets himself on fire on White House Ellipse, Secret Service says
May 30, 2019 - 7:02am
May 29, 2019
Davison County Sheriff Steve Brink, right, presents Lt. Connie Harr and Chief Deputy Steve Harr with Life Saver's Awards Wednesday at the Davison County Pubilc Safety Center. The awards were for their efforts in saving a woman from a house fire on Dec. 30. (Ellen Bardash / Republic)
Sheriff's deputy, lieutenant honored for action in Mount Vernon fire
May 29, 2019 - 9:23pm
May 24, 2019
Fire lights. (Republic file photo)
Canova shop destroyed by second fire in 13 hours
May 24, 2019 - 7:31pm
May 16, 2019
Mitchell Fire Division Fire Marshal Shannon Sandoval inspects the remains of a garage that burned down earlier Thursday morning at 936 E. Fourth Ave. in Mitchell. (Matt Gade / Republic)
UPDATE: Mitchell garage destroyed in Thursday fire
May 16, 2019 - 8:48am
May 15, 2019
The Douglas County courthouse. (Republic file photo)
2016 Delmont arson case ends with defendant's death
May 15, 2019 - 5:34pm
May 6, 2019
Distracted cooking cause of Sunday evening fire
May 6, 2019 - 9:11am
April 16, 2019
Flames and smoke rise from a fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris on Monday. The cathedral is 850 years old. MUST CREDIT: Bloomberg photo by Martin Barzilai
Flames and smoke rise from a fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris on Monday. The cathedral is 850 years old. Bloomberg photo by Martin Barzilai
As smoke clears at Notre Dame, crews assess damage as investigation begins
April 16, 2019 - 8:12am
March 27, 2019
An aerial photo shows the remains of the Powers Furniture and Appliance store in Avon, on Wednesday morning in Avon. (Matt Gade / Republic)play button
'Tragic' fire destroys longtime Avon business
March 27, 2019 - 5:01pm
March 26, 2019
Fire department personnel apply water to the Powers Furniture and Appliance building Tuesday in Avon after a large fire engulfed the longtime Main Street business. (Courtesy photo)play button
Large fire destroys longtime Avon furniture business
March 26, 2019 - 11:16pm
March 25, 2019
House near Olivet lost in Sunday fire
March 25, 2019 - 2:06pm
March 18, 2019
Fire lights. (Republic file photo)
Trailer home lost in Montrose fire
March 18, 2019 - 4:04pm
March 4, 2019
Firefighters from the Montrose Fire Department clear out debris after battling a house fire at the corner of S 1st Street and Kluckholm Street in Montrose on Sunday. The fire was reported to the department at noon. reportedly nobody was injured. More information was not available at the time of publication. (Sheila Slater / Republic )
House lost in Montrose fire
March 4, 2019 - 12:17pm
February 26, 2019
House lost in Fedora fire caused by heater
February 26, 2019 - 8:31am
randomness