SDHSAA makes plans for state football schedule, ticketing
Masks to be required for title games
PIERRE — The South Dakota High School Activities Association has announced game times and ticket plans for the state football championship games Nov. 12-14 at the DakotaDome in Vermillion.
The championship schedule will closely follow past year's alignment. Three games will be played on Thursday, Nov. 12, starting with Class 9AA at 11 a.m., followed by Class 9B at 3 p.m. and Class 9A at 7 p.m. Two games each are scheduled for Friday, Nov. 13 and Saturday, Nov. 14. Class 11B will play at 2 p.m. Friday, followed by Class 11AA at 7 p.m. Friday, while Class 11A and Class 11AAA will play in the 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. time slots on Saturday.
In an announcement, the SDHSAA said it has coordinated with USD to implement policies for social distancing during the championships. The following policies will be in place:
- All tickets will be sold as reserved seats, with no general admission tickets.
- Each ticket is good for one game only.
- All fans attending the games will be required to wear masks to enter the DakotaDome.
- Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students. Tickets will be sold in blocks with distancing considerations as part of sales and seating locations.
- A maximum of eight tickets per order will be allowed. All tickets in 2020 will be purchased directly by the USD Ticket Office.
- After qualifying for the finals, schools will receive an “access code” that will allow their selected patrons to pre‐purchase tickets as the schools see fit.
- Ticket orders will be kept together by school on a single side of the DakotaDome, with a designated student section on the south end of each sideline.
- All remaining tickets will be available for sale to the general public, beginning at noon on Monday, Nov. 9.
A limited number of suites and premium seating areas will be available for purchase through USD, as well.
SDHSAA football championship schedule
Thursday, Nov. 12
Class 9AA championship, 11 a.m.
Class 9B championship, 3 p.m.
Class 9A championship, 7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 13
Class 11B championship, 2 p.m.
Class 11AA championship, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 14
Class 11A championship, 2 p.m.
Class 11AAA championship, 7 p.m.