ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Two Hutterite boys transported with carbon monoxide poisoning

ALEXANDRIA -- Two Rockport Hutterite Colony juveniles were transported to the hospital Monday evening due to carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said.

ALEXANDRIA - Two Rockport Hutterite Colony juveniles were transported to the hospital Monday evening due to carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said.

Hanson County Sheriff’s Deputy Casey Tegethoff said two juvenile males were transported by ambulance to Avera Queen of Peace Hospital in Mitchell after being exposed to carbon monoxide. Tegethoff said at about 5 p.m., the juveniles were using a gas-powered pressure washer to clean out a tank in a shed, but didn’t have proper ventilation for the exhaust. They were found by another member of the colony, Tegethoff said.

Tegethoff said both victims were responsive when the ambulance arrived, but he was unsure of their condition.

Related Topics: ALEXANDRIA
What To Read Next
Discussion will take place during the 6 p.m. meeting on Monday at City Hall
Lawmakers have said it is likely only one is affordable at this time without cutting programs or adding other taxes or revenue streams
Members Only
Although Mitchell's rates would be increase, the proposed equitable rate structure could lessen the increased costs for residential customers' water and sewer bills.
“We see that when things happen in the coastal areas, a few years later, they start trending toward the Midwest,” said Rep. Ben Krohmer, serving his first term in the House.