SD agency provides free tax preparation
LAKE ANDES -- The Rural Office of Community Services Inc., of Lake Andes, will provide free tax preparation services in southeastern and south central South Dakota.
LAKE ANDES - The Rural Office of Community Services Inc., of Lake Andes, will provide free tax preparation services in southeastern and south central South Dakota.
ROCS has been awarded federal IRS funds to provide Volunteer Income Tax Assistance with matching funds provided by the Credit Union Foundation of the Dakotas and Bank of the West.
VITA services will be available beginning Jan. 21 at the Lake Andes ROCS Office by appointment.
There will also be community outreach days throughout the tax season in Mitchell, Parkston, Chamberlain and Winner.
Virtual VITA will be available for those who are unable to visit an outreach site. For available dates, please check www.rocsinc.org and click on the VITA link or call 605-487-7634.
Residents interested in the free service should bring the following documents and information to a tax appointment:
• Valid photo ID.
• Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a SSN verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration.
• Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return.
• Current year’s tax package, if you received one.
• All wage and earning statements, including Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R and 1099 MISC from all employers.
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099).
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available.
• Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit.
• Total paid for daycare and the provider’s tax identifying number.
• To e-file taxes on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign.
Call the ROCS office for more information or to schedule an appointment at 605-487-7634 or email email@example.com .
- Source: Rural Office of Community Services