School board to consider personnel items
Mitchell's school board will address upcoming personnel considerations Monday. The Mitchell Board of Education will meet at 5 p.m. Monday at the Mitchell Technical Institute campus center cafeteria. A short agenda for the panel includes the distr...
Mitchell's school board will address upcoming personnel considerations Monday.
The Mitchell Board of Education will meet at 5 p.m. Monday at the Mitchell Technical Institute campus center cafeteria. A short agenda for the panel includes the distribution of materials for the February evaluation of the superintendent of schools, Joe Graves.
Graves also requested the board enter an executive session to discuss future contract negotiations.
Other personnel items include the resignation of District Food Service Director Sean Moen, which will go into effect Dec. 31. According to Daily Republic archives, Moen has been the food service director for the Mitchell School District since fall 2005.
Pending school board approval, Leann Carmody will take the helm as the new district food service director on Jan. 1 with a salary of $47,500.
As part of a consent agenda, which includes board minutes, claims and open enrollment, the board will consider the following personnel items:
• New hires (classified): Tammy Parks, piano accompanist at $14.85, effective Nov. 6; Blair Overweg, paraeducator at L.B. Williams Elementary at $10.37 per hour for seven hours daily, effective Nov. 12; Michele Moller, paraeducator at Longfellow Elementary at $10.37 per hour for seven hours daily, effective Nov. 24; Brandon Lockhart, K-12 maintenance at $14 per hour for eight hours daily, effective Nov. 24; Calvin Hunhoff, eighth-grade head boys basketball coach at $1,979, effective Dec. 1; Alfred Herren, K-12 maintenance at $14 per hour for eight hours daily, effective Dec. 8; and Lisa Shippy, paraeductor at Mitchell Middle School at $10.60 per hour for seven and a half hours daily, effective Jan. 4.
• Administrative: Leann Carmody, district food service director at $47,500, effective Jan. 1.
• Transfers: Brett Flemmer, eighth-grade assistant girls basketball coach at $1,731, effective Dec. 1; Kent VanOverShelde, assistant 10th-grade boys basketball coach at $3,325.28, effective Dec. 8.
• Resignation: Sean Moen, district food service director, effective Dec. 31.
• MTI new hire: Maggie Smith, temporary miscellaneous work at $8.50 per hour, effective Dec. 2.
In other business, the board will consider:
• Approving a bid for a 2016 Ford F-450 for $49,374.10 from Vern Eide, as part of Future Fund grant allocations for equipment purchases for MTI programming. Three total bids were received. The other two bids, both from Iverson, were for a 2016 Dodge Ram 4500 regular cab 4-by-2 for $44,936 and a 2016 Dodge Ram 4500 crew cab 4-by-4 for $51,123.
• Board member reports.
• Public commentary.
• A tour of MTI's campus/simulation lab.
• Entering an executive session for the purpose of "preparing for contract negotiations or negotiating with employees or employee representatives."