ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody injured in Winner house fire

WINNER -- Nobody was injured when a fire broke out Tuesday morning at a Winner home. The Winner Fire Department responded to a fire at 7:50 a.m. at 517 Polk St., where a lighting fixture in the attic short circuited and started a blaze, according...

1691230+fire_66.jpg
Fire lights. (Republic file photo)
We are part of The Trust Project.

WINNER - Nobody was injured when a fire broke out Tuesday morning at a Winner home.

The Winner Fire Department responded to a fire at 7:50 a.m. at 517 Polk St., where a lighting fixture in the attic short circuited and started a blaze, according to Winner Fire Chief Darin Nelson.

Multiple occupants of the home were present at the time of the fire, but all were able to escape without injury.

The fire was contained to the room it started in, and firefighters were on scene for approximately one hour, Nelson said.

Although the home was not severely damaged, the South Dakota Red Cross of the Dakotas and Minnesota responded to provide assistance to the family.

Related Topics: FIRES
What To Read Next
Special meeting to cover base bids and alternatives
Members Only
During the sentencing hearing, the judge presiding over the child pornography case that implicated David Suarez, 24, called it "unusual" and "unique."
“We’re using more water than we are guaranteed to have access to now," said City Administrator Stephanie Ellwein.
A resolution looking to allow the legislature to consider work requirements on the newly expanded Medicaid program is one step closer to the 2024 ballot.