ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Former Minot surgeon's case moves to federal court

MINOT, N.D. (AP) -- A former Minot neurosurgeon has had state child pornography charges dropped against him now that the case has moved to federal court.

MINOT, N.D. (AP) - A former Minot neurosurgeon has had state child pornography charges dropped against him now that the case has moved to federal court.

KXMC-TV reports that Marc Eichler is accused of coercing two minors into becoming victims of child pornography. He is charged in federal court with seven counts, including production and receipt of materials depicting the sexual exploitation of minors. He has pleaded not guilty.

Magistrate Judge Charles Miller ordered Eichler released on his own recognizance. A trial has been set for Aug. 1 in Bismarck.

Eichler was formerly employed by Trinity Health in Minot.

The Argus Leader reports that Eichler also had been a neurosurgeon in Rapid City, South Dakota but his medical license expired in 2008.

Related Topics: CRIME
What To Read Next
Members Only
"It’s a non-meandered stream with plats along the edge of the canal, and the bottom of the canal remains with the original owner,” Jim Taylor said, noting Chuck Mauszycki owns the canal land.
“Why would we create new major programs, when we can’t even fund the programs that we have?” a public education lobbyist said in opposition to Noem's three-year, $15 million proposal.
"If we show we are complacent with areas like this that clearly need addressing, we’re not improving as a city,” Mitchell Republic Editor Luke Hagen said during the city council meeting discussion.
Discussion will take place during the 6 p.m. meeting on Monday at City Hall