Officials said a small fire at a Mitchell Chinese restaurant was extinguished without incident on Wednesday afternoon.

The Mitchell Fire Division responded to the New China Buffet at 1801 N. Main Ave. in the Palace Mall complex. at around 2:15 p.m. Mitchell Fire Marshal Shannon Sandoval said fire crews arrived to find that individuals at the restaurant had used a fire extinguisher to put out a small fire on a gas burner. No injuries were reported in the incident.

Crews said the fire did not spread further and no structural damage was found. No appliances were damaged either, Sandoval said.

Sandoval said cooking was taking place at the time of the fire and several staff were inside the building when the fire call was made. He said the property has been turned back over to the restaurant's owners and the investigation is considered complete.

Nine Mitchell firefighters and police officers responded to the scene.