A Sunday evening kitchen fire in a Mitchell home did not result in any major damage or injuries.

At 7:11 p.m., the Mitchell Fire Department was called to 1123 E. Third Ave. for reports of a structure fire, which was determined to have been caused by unattended cooking.

Both people inside the house when the fire began were able to exit without injury, though one complained of smoke inhalation and was examined in an ambulance on-scene. It's unknown if they were transported to a hospital afterward.

Assistant Fire Chief Marius Laursen told The Daily Republic on Monday morning that some kitchen cabinets were affected by the fire, but there was no major damage to the house.

Firefighters cleared the scene at 7:56 p.m.