The Mitchell Board of Education on Monday will get insight on how the school district is faring during the superintendent’s report.
During the 5 p.m. meeting at Longfellow Elementary School, Superintendent Joe Graves will be reviewing the district’s annual report card.
Included in the district’s report card are the annual enrollment, demographic of the school district and student achievement scores.
Last year, the report card showed Mitchell has a high school completion rate of 96.1 percent, which is well above the state average of 91.3 percent. Last year was the third straight year, Mitchell High School graduation rates increased.Other business
In other business, the board will:
- Call the meeting to order; determine a quorum and approve the agenda.
- Recognize the Rosedale School for its ESEA Nationally Distinguished School status and those who made it happen, including students, parents, employees and Becky Anderson, Marilyn Bernard, Patti Kelly, Angie GoldHammer and Lisa Heckenlaible.
- Approve the consent agenda, which includes board minutes; claims; personnel (see more below); open enrollment and conflicts of interest.
- Consider board policy 1071, which is extra-curricular participation code of conduct and academic requirements.
- Hear board member reports, including the dissemination and explanation of superintendent evaluation documents.
- Hear public commentary.
- Conduct a tour of Longfellow Elementary.
New certified hires: Riley Berggren, head eighth-grade girls basketball coach.
New classified hires: Rhonda Hartman, general food service worker at Mitchell High School; Justice Morrison, head eighth-grade boys basketball coach; Chayna Jones, para-educator at Gertie Belle Rogers.
Resignations: Josh Vlasman, food service worker at Mitchell High School; Courtney Lau, para-educator at L.B. Williams.
Sixth-class assignment, second semester: Sara Steckel.
Mitchell Technical Institute resignation: Tim Pranger, instructor, effective Nov. 15.