Did you miss these stories? Here's Mitchell Republic's weekend wrap up
Here are some stories you may have missed Friday or over the weekend ...
1. A 32-year-old Chamberlain resident had a kidney and pancreas transplant after diabetes left his kidney function at 12%. He's starting to feel better.
2. Mitchell Police and other authorities are investigating a shooting that left a man dead with multiple gunshots. More information is expected to be released Monday.
3. Sen. John Wiik, R-Big Stone City, made some interesting claims in an email to a constituent and other legislators on the eve of the legislative session, which convenes in Pierre on Tuesday. Forum News Service obtained the email.
4. Here's some great basketball stories for you high school hardwood fans. Former Mitchell great Mike Miller was back in town Friday night, making his debut coaching at the Corn Palace. And, Miller's high school team, the Kernels, defeated their biggest rival, Huron, on Saturday night on the road.
5. Two people were tragically killed in an ice fishing accident over the weekend. The Hamlin County Sheriff’s Office is advising people to use caution when going onto lakes as ice thickness is changing with the warming weather.
And bonus ...
Mitchell boys basketball schedule, standings and statistics
(We call this Kernel Corner, and it's pretty cool)
Full-Court Press: White River's Valandra-Prue returns to Corn Palace, hits buzzer beater
(Our regular statewide prep basketball roundup, also very cool)