Davison Co. board to continue rural fire district expansion talks
A plan to bring faster fire response to rural Mitchell could make more progress on Tuesday. The Davison County Commission will discuss the Mitchell Rural Fire District with attorney Jim Davies at the board's 9 a.m. Tuesday meeting at the Davison ...
A plan to bring faster fire response to rural Mitchell could make more progress on Tuesday.
The Davison County Commission will discuss the Mitchell Rural Fire District with attorney Jim Davies at the board's 9 a.m. Tuesday meeting at the Davison County North Offices.
At a February meeting, the board unanimously authorized two separate motions indicating the annexation of five townships into the Mitchell Rural Fire District would be feasible. If approved by both Davison and Hanson counties, Badger, Perry, Mitchell, Hanson and Plano townships would join Beulah, Lisbon and Prosper townships in the district.
The district was approved by voters in 2015 to allow a levy on property owners to bring professional firefighting services to the rural towns in Davison County, and it would go into effect when the existing Mitchell Rural Fire Association contract expires on Dec. 31, 2017. But before it goes into effect, the five new townships will be considered to join the district.
The county commission will consider the following agenda items:
• 9 a.m.: Call the meeting to order, consider approving minutes and hear citizen input and board reports.
• 9:15 a.m.: Consider approving plats as recommended for Ivan P. Bialas Jr. and Bonnie McBrayer.
• 9:20 a.m.: Consider awarding chemical bids.
• 9:30 a.m.: Hold a discussion regarding iPad upgrades.
• 9:45 a.m.: Meet with Jim Davies regarding the Mitchell Rural Fire District.
• 10 a.m.: Discuss an indigent defender contract and hold an executive session.
• 10:30 a.m.: Meet with Davison County Highway Superintendent Rusty Weinberg to consider signing a 2017 resolution for bridge inspections, choose an engineer for bridge inspections and consider a request for donated "sick time."
• 10:45 a.m.: Consider miscellaneous motions brought to the board, consider approving bills and timesheets, declare surplus property, consider an automatic supplement to the Emergency Management Department and consider the auditor's account with the treasurer.