City Council to consider list of 76 fees
The Mitchell City Council will consider adopting a list of 76 fees tonight at City Hall for city licenses, permits and services. The proposed resolution that lists the new fees does not list any of the existing fee levels, or state whether any of...
The Mitchell City Council will consider adopting a list of 76 fees tonight at City Hall for city licenses, permits and services.
The proposed resolution that lists the new fees does not list any of the existing fee levels, or state whether any of the fees are increases. The fees cover all manner of things, from permits for circuses and carnivals to building permits for new structures, to name some examples.
The council meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall.
In scheduled business, council members plan to:
- Open the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance, invocation, roll call, and approval of the agenda and prior meeting's minutes.
- Invite citizens' input on non-agenda items.
- Set, sitting as the Board of Adjustment, Jan. 20 as the date for a hearing on the application of Doug's Platinum Storage for a conditional use permit to construct a building for storage at 3001 W. Havens Ave.
- Conduct a hearing on the application of Greg Szymanski, doing business as Papa Antonio's, for a retail (on-sale) wine license at 505 N. Main St.
- Award bids for a Class III concrete pipe project and a rock-chips project.
- Consider adopting a resolution that would provide $30,000 of interim financing from a special assessment revolving fund for a street construction special assessment fund, with the proviso that the money be reimbursed to the special assessment revolving fund when adequate revenues are received.
- Consider adopting the resolution listing the new fees.
- Consider adopting a resolution that would adopt state of South Dakota policies regarding drug and alcohol testing for Palace Transit.
- Consider adopting a resolution requiring CDL medical certification for Palace Transit drivers.
- Discuss an item described as "change of location for Big Dummy's retail (on-off sale) malt beverage license."
- Consider approving an automatic supplement to the special revenue fund for parks, recreation and forestry in the amount of $279, from a donation of funds for baseball field improvements.
- Consider approving a rehabilitation of Winter Park Townhomes.
- Consider approving a list of official city depositories for 2009.
- Consider approving The Daily Republic as the official newspaper for the city of Mitchell for 2009.
- Consider the applications of Phillip Bohlen and Kyle Wenz for taxicab driver's licenses for Palace Transit.
- Consider renewing a list of taxi licenses for 2009.
- Consider requests from the Mitchell Community Scholarship Fund and Mitchell Technical Institute to conduct raffles.
- Consider paying estimates and bills.