FEDORA-A Fedora house was declared a total loss early Monday morning after a floor heater started a fire inside.

According to the Miner County Sheriff's Office, the owner of the home located near the intersection of 228th Street and 419th Avenue awoke to smoke at about 2 a.m. He tried to extinguish the fire but left when there was too much smoke. No one else was inside the house at the time of the fire.

The homeowner drove to a neighbor's house and called 911 at 2:15 a.m. Carthage and Fedora's fire departments responded to the scene, as did the Carthage Ambulance Service and the Miner County Sheriff's Office.

The fire is not under further investigation.