The Mitchell Fire Department responded to a chimney fire shortly after 1 p.m. Saturday.

Mitchell Battalion Chief Joe Dolezal said the fire was started from the chimney being used in addition to insulation material -including stucco and wood - surrounding the brick fireplace inside the wall, heating up and catching on fire.

The fireplace had been used for the past couple months, according to Dolezal.

No one was injured in the fire, and the family got out safely.

Dolezal said crews had to tear out part of the wall and ceiling to get to the fire inside the home at 316 W. Second Ave.

Dolezal said the damage to the home is repairable.

The Mitchell Police Department also responded to the scene.