ABERDEEN, S.D. - A small bathroom fire at an Aberdeen elementary school on Thursday, Dec. 20, appears to have been intentional, according to authorities.

Aberdeen Police Department Capt. Jay Tobin said the fire in the boys bathroom at Lincoln Elementary was contained to a toilet paper dispenser. Tobin said the fire appears to have been intentionally set. It remains under investigation as to how the fire was started and who is responsible, he said.

Principal Lisa McNeely said the fire was contained to a bathroom. She said students were safely evacuated and that the fire had been contained. Nobody was injured.

McNeely said classes were canceled because of smoke in the school. Parents were encouraged to pick up their kids as soon as possible.