Tuesday need-to-know: 5 stories
Here are five stories to know headed into Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2017:
1. The Mitchell Food Pantry is flourishing in its new home on First Avenue. At this time of year, it's important to live in a giving community like Mitchell, officials say.
2. Snow, ice, slippery driving. Winter's here, folks.
3. The Mitchell boys basketball team is ready to turn the page to a new chapter. Here's what to expect about the upcoming season.
4. Mitchell's Sidewalk Committee recommended to have the city clear sidewalks on the new walkways and bicycle trails on Burr Street.
5. Holiday sweets packing on the pounds? A local dietitian gives tips on how to stay healthy at this time of year.
Do you have a news tip or story idea? Contact The Daily Republic's newsroom at 605-996-5516 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Follow our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/The-Daily-Republic-114638563842/
Follow our Twitter page here: https://twitter.com/dailyrepublic?lang=en