Times are undoubtedly tough for local businesses. Hoping to slow the spread of the coronavirus outbreak, stores are shortening their hours and people are staying at home. More important than ever is supporting local businesses, however possible.
So, The Daily Republic wants to hear from all businesses in Mitchell and the surrounding region. Banks, hair salons, restaurants, retail stores -- EVERYONE!
Send us your store hours, services you’re offering, specials you’re running — anything you’d like to let us know that would help inform the public of your business during these tough times.
Typically, these announcements would be considered paid advertising. But these aren’t typical times. It’s time to support the community and local businesses however we can, and this is a way our newspaper can step up during the pandemic.
Please keep the information within 100 words. Beginning Tuesday, March 24, we’ll assemble the information and put it all online and share with our readers. To contact The Daily Republic for this purpose, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 605-996-5516.
- The Daily Republic’s office at 514 N. Main St. is closed until further notice. The newspaper is continuing business operations as normal, and the advertising department is also offering a special 2x2 full-color print ad for $20. Call The Daily at 605-996-5514 and ask for advertising for more information. We’re also urging people to subscribe to be informed throughout the pandemic. For more information about subscribing, either online, print or both, go to the link here: https://www.mitchellrepublic.com/subscribe.
- J and T's Garage on 202 S Highway 37 in Parkston is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.. With any service, get a free tire rotation. Fluids, brakes, wipers and lights will also be checked for free with any service work. Call 605-928-4082.
- Custom Plus Collision is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Free pick-up and delivery of vehicles is available as usual. Call 605-996-1959.
- Dale's A-1 Transmission is open 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, with free pick-up and delivery of vehicles available.
- Iverson Auto at 600 S Burr in Mitchell is maintaining regular hours. From virtual shopping and test drives to over-the-phone pre-approvals for financing. Courtesy pick-up and drop-off is available by calling 605-996-5683.
- Make it Mine Designs at 301 S Burr in Mitchell has made numerous adjustments to maintain a healthy environment for employees and customers. For automotive-related projects, schedule a pick-up or drop-off service by calling 605-990-3570.
Food and Restaurants
- Marlins Family Restaurant is open seven days per week, with temporary hours of 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Dine-in and carry-out options are available.
2nd & Lawler Co. at 201 E 2nd Avenue is open for curbside and free delivery. Frozen yogurt, ice cream, toys, soda, games, candy, puzzles, seasoned popcorn, painting projects, soups and sandwiches are available from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Pay be card, cash or check upon delivery. Call 605-990-2529.
Culver's will be open for drive-through customers from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Carry-out orders can be placed by calling 605-995-5868 and will be picked up at the drive-through window.
Pirogues Catering in Mitchell is taking orders until Friday, March 27 at 5 p.m. Smoked brisket is available for $10 per pound and smoked pulled pork is $8 per pound. Pick-up is available on Monday, March 30 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and delivery is available from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Call or text 605-630-2770 to place an order.
Rise Coffee and Tea is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Drive-through window located at 901 N Main St.
Daylight Donuts is open Monday through Thursday from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m., along with hours from 5 a.m. to noon on Friday and Saturday. Drive-through only. Call 605-996-6768.
James Valley Community Center adult nutrition program is open from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 605-995-8441 by 4 p.m. the day prior or by 8 a.m. the day of to reserve your meals. All meals will be delivered to your vehicle at the front entrance. Frozen meals are also available for pick-up by calling between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Those are also delivered to your vehicle.
Hungry Dog in Mitchell is open from Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., serving hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken sides and wings.
Marco's Pizza in Mitchell is open for carryout and delivery every day from 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Now offering contact-free delivery.
Home and construction
- Ryan Baker Construction and Dakota Spray Foam are continuing to work regular hours on big and small jobs. Call 605-999-3497.
- The Backyard Boutique in Mitchell is available online and for shipping, but the office is closed. Everything is 20 percent off at shopbackyardboutique.com.
- Floor to Ceiling is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. All paint is 30 percent off and paint supplies are 15 percent off. Delivery is free. Call 605-996-4062 for more information if you prefer not to visit the store.
- Mitchell Roofing and Siding currently has limited office hours and is available by appointment only. Call 605-996-8648.
- Mitchell Plumbing and Heating Co. is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to help with plumbing and hydronic heating needs. Call 605-996-7583.
- Jewelacy is open online with free shipping or local pick-up Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Midtown Treasures at 214 N Main St. is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Adorn Boutique is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday at the corner of 11th St. and Main St. With every $75 purchase, a $10 gift card is given, as well as deals on gift cards and new arrivals. Free shipping is also offered on all orders, as well as drive-up deliveries. Orders can be placed online at adornboutiquemitchell.com or by phone at 605-996-0558.
- Two Dreams Boutique remains open from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. Free shipping is available at twodreamsboutique.com, as well as doorstep delivery within the city of Mitchell and drive-through service at the store.
- Walmart is open 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily. Cost Cutters Family Hair Salons inside Walmart is temporarily closed from Monday through Wednesday, with hours from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. For an appointment, call 605-995-1444.
- Le Reve Salon and Spa Studios at 901 N Main St in Mitchell is open by appointment. Visit Facebook or lereveluxurystudios.com/book-now.