Skip to main content
The Daily Republic
Trump says 'we must fight' Freedom Caucus Republicans and Democrats
Federal judge extends order blocking Trump's travel ban from six Muslim countries
$1.9M Aurora County Courthouse project receives positive public response
At least 12 killed after Texas church bus crash
Vehicle destroyed in fire in Howard
Apparel chain Bebe Stores to explore strategic alternatives
McDonald's plans mobile ordering to speed up drive-through service
Snap tops expectations in pricing of long-awaited IPO
Lego replaces long-time CEO with first foreign boss in organizational shake-up
Instagram will soon let you like comments - or even turn them off completely
Cattle market heats up as retail beef price cools
NDSU researchers eyeball new ways to grow better beef
Weather presenting perfect conditions for lambing
Wessington Springs native is inventor of HydroGreen’s patent-pending system
Good genes more important than ever at bull auctions, rancher says
MCM's Koepsell named to Class A all-state first team
Catching up with former area athletes: Bormann named NSIC golfer of the week
UND cuts women's hockey, men's and women's swimming
Eriksson Ek showing signs of improvement for Wild
Rule 5 pick Haley makes Twins roster
'The Cemetery Club' handles the topic of grief with care
Couple plans March wedding
Colome man marks 90th birthday
Mitchell woman celebrated 85 years
Local couple weds in October ceremony
Beverly Ann LeBeau
CLARK: Thanking our local physicians
OUR VIEW: Overcoming the wallop of construction
WOSTER: Smooth talkin' candidates
THUNE: The Department of Agriculture will be in good hands
DAUGAARD: A chance to be South Dakota's Capital for a Day
Wiltz: A fishing trip you might consider passing up
Ducks Unlimited to hold volunteer meeting
Increased license costs to benefit wildlife damage repairs
State seeking more successful deer hunts
Wiltz: Writing a book has its rewards, challenges
Curtis and Linda Mueller
November 19, 2014
Opportunities realized for students in CTE program
BURKE — Cole McCarty is pretty sure what he wants to study when he goes to college. That wasn't the case three months ago, but McCarty, age 17 and a senior at Colome High School, said the engineering class he's taking as part of the inaugural year of the West River Career...
November 19, 2014 - 8:14pm
October 21, 2014
Area football teams clinch playoff spots, others vying to get in
With just under a week before the state playoffs begin, several South Dakota high school football teams have a lot on the line on Thursday, marking the final night of games for the regular season. To qualify for the state playoffs (with the exception of Class 11AAA and 11AA), a...
October 21, 2014 - 10:07pm
May 23, 2014
Regions 6B: Platte-Geddes relays, Gregory's Campbell, Jaguar hurdlers shine
BONESTEEL — The Platte-Geddes girls 800-meter relay team came into the Region 6B track and field meet Thursday in Bonesteel with a final chance...
May 23, 2014 - 12:50am
May 21, 2014
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan women’s golf at NAIA National Championships in Lincoln, Neb. • Mitchell High School boys tennis at state tournament, TBA in Rapid City. • Mitchell High School track and field at Huron Invitational, 4 p.m. in Huron. • Area track and field: Bon Homme,...
May 21, 2014 - 10:25pm
Scotland’s Fiscel tops girls field; Deubrook Area wins team title
Heading into the final few holes, Scotland’s Maggie Fiscel had no clue she was sitting at the top of the individual leaderboard Tuesday at...
May 21, 2014 - 12:49am
May 19, 2014
Class B boys golf: Familiar territory for Seubert
Drew Seubert is no stranger to being in the top spot after the first round of the Class B boys state golf tournament. He hopes that experience...
May 19, 2014 - 11:59pm
Class B girls golf: Deubrook, Fiscel sit atop girls field
Deubrook built a comfortable lead after Monday’s opening round of the Class B girls state golf tournament at Lakeview Golf Course in Mitchell. The...
May 19, 2014 - 11:58pm
April 27, 2014
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan men’s golf at GPAC Qualifier No. 4 in Yankton. • Mitchell High School girls golf at Sioux Falls Invitational, 9 a.m. at Sioux Falls Willow Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis hosts triangular, 1 p.m. in Mitchell. • Area girls...
April 27, 2014 - 10:35pm
April 24, 2014
Friday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Hastings College, 5 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls golf hosts Mitchell Invitational, 10:30 a.m. at Lakeview Golf Course in Mitchell. • Mitchell High School boys tennis hosts quadrangular, 10 a.m. at Hitchcock...
April 24, 2014 - 11:48pm
April 23, 2014
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Dordt College, 5 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Dakota Wesleyan men’s golf at Mount Marty College in Yankton. • Area track and field: McCook Central/Montrose at the West Central Invitational in Hartford; Kimball/White Lake, Wessington...
April 23, 2014 - 11:48pm
April 14, 2014
Tuesday's sports briefs
Corn Palace Relays moved to today in Mitchell The annual Corn Palace Relays were moved up to 4 p.m. today at Joe Quintal Field in Mitchell. The event was originally set for Thursday but due to forecasted inclement weather, it was moved forward two days. Eight teams were scheduled...
April 14, 2014 - 11:37pm
Tuesday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Morningside College, 3 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls’ golf at Yankton Invitational, 10 a.m. at Yankton Fox Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis vs. Sioux Falls O’Gorman, 4 p.m. in O’Gorman...
April 14, 2014 - 11:19pm
April 13, 2014
Burke/South Central's Benter eyeing first state title
BURKE — Burke High School senior Sydney Benter is a golf course rat. The term is no different from a gym rat, which means someone who prefers...
April 13, 2014 - 11:45pm
April 9, 2014
Thursday's sports briefs
Benter, Cooney win MVP Invite Burke/South Central’s Sydney Benter and Andes Central’s J.J. Cooney each took home individual titles at the Mount Vernon/Plankinton Golf Invite Wednesday at Lakeview Golf Course in Mitchell. Benter shot an 80 to claim the girls title, while...
April 9, 2014 - 11:59pm
March 8, 2014
Weekend's at the Palace
Today, at the Corn Palace, Kimball/White Lake plays Burke/South Central in the Region 6B girls’ basketball championship game, with the winner earning a spot in the Class B state tournament. Time: 7 p.m. Records: Kimball/White Lake is 14-7, while Burke/South Central is 13-9. Notes:...
March 8, 2014 - 12:16am