Skip to main content
The Daily Republic
18-year-old Bridgewater woman sustains serious injuries in I-90 crash
Locals brainstorm best uses for Mitchell Recreation Center
Platte man injured in Lake Andes crash
Sheriff's offices understaffed around SD
Opposing sides make case for, against campaign finance reform measure
Wells Fargo may take more disciplinary action over sales abuses
Insurance agent earns two honors
New iPhone to ditch headphone jack, come with better camera
Hulu ends free streaming service
BankWest announces new banker in Mitchell
Farm Rescue marks milestone with 400th farm aid case
Court gives fertilizer dealers a reprieve from policy change
Riders crossing N.D. 'cowboy up' for cancer awareness
Near-perfect harvest conditions predicted for fall
Dry summer, poor crop prices affect corn silage yields
Area prep volleyball roundup: Heath pushes Colome past Thunder
Kernels cut down Lynx in four sets
Tiger notebook: J-Back spot brings versatility to DWU offense
Athlete of the week: Donald doing it all for WiLdKats
Mitchell splits with Watertown
Couple wed in June 8 ceremony
Mitchell woman celebrates 80th birthday
Couple plans Oct. 1 wedding
Area couple plans October wedding
Plankinton man marks 80th birthday
Ida C. Rowe
Julie L. Lang
Avoiding the temptation to throw mud
Don't wait to make the call
OUR VIEW: Immediacy of layoffs hard to swallow
No room for error in national security strategy
The courts and the (hair) cuts
Fall turkey hunting licenses still available in North Dakota
A couple of shotgun experts find out what they’ve been missing in mourning dove hunting
Plenty of ducks, fewer hunters
WILTZ: Come Saturday's duck opener, what are you going to throw at those quackers?
Grouse numbers rise ahead of opener
June 3, 2014
Hershey track meet scheduled for Thursday
The Mitchell Parks and Recreation Department will hold the Hershey track meet for ages 9-14 (age as of Dec. 31) at 6 p.m. Thursday at Joe Quintal Field in Mitchell. Those interested can register at the Mitchell Recreation Center and must be register by noon today. For more...
June 3, 2014 - 3:08pm
May 31, 2014
Mitchell's Rew among six area individuals, two relays crowned at state meet
SIOUX FALLS -- Mitchell’s Ellie Rew took Mitchell’s lone state championship Saturday at the Class AA state track meet at Howard Wood Field...
May 31, 2014 - 6:06pm
May 29, 2014
Friday's sports schedule
• Mitchell High School track and field at Class AA state meet at Sioux Falls O’Gorman High School. • Area track and field: Class A teams at state meet in Madison; Class B teams at state meet at Howard Wood in Sioux Falls. • Mitchell Post 18 Legion baseball vs. Rapid...
May 29, 2014 - 11:32pm
May 23, 2014
MHS track runs final tuneup before state
HURON — The Mitchell boys and girls track teams have the same number of state qualifiers leaving their final meet of the regular season Thursday before the Class AA state meet as they had going into it, but Kernel coach Geoff Gross said a number of his athletes improved their positioning...
May 23, 2014 - 1:05am
May 21, 2014
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan women’s golf at NAIA National Championships in Lincoln, Neb. • Mitchell High School boys tennis at state tournament, TBA in Rapid City. • Mitchell High School track and field at Huron Invitational, 4 p.m. in Huron. • Area track and field: Bon Homme,...
May 21, 2014 - 10:25pm
May 17, 2014
Weekend's sports schedule
• Mitchell High School track and field ESD meet, 11:30 a.m. in Brandon. • Mitchell High School baseball at Sioux Falls O’Gorman in region baseball tournament, 2:30 p.m. in Sioux Falls. • Amateur baseball: Lennox at Mitchell Mad Dogs, 7 p.m. at Drake Field in Mitchell. Sunday •...
May 17, 2014 - 12:27am
May 12, 2014
Sudbeck, Rew, Overweg finish first at Al Sahli Invite for MHS track
ABERDEEN — The Mitchell High School track and field team took home five first-place finishes at the the Al Sahli Invitational Saturday in Aberdeen. “We ran with an abbreviated team, leaving some kids at home,” Mitchell track and field coach and activities director Geoff Gross...
May 12, 2014 - 12:28am
May 5, 2014
Three Kernels place at Howard Wood
SIOUX FALLS — Mitchell High School track coach Geoff Gross was proud of his team’s effort Saturday at Howard Wood Dakota Relays and with good reason. The Kernels recorded three top-eight finishes at the meet, including a seventh-place performance by Emma Schmidt and two third-places...
May 5, 2014 - 12:23am
April 24, 2014
Friday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Hastings College, 5 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls golf hosts Mitchell Invitational, 10:30 a.m. at Lakeview Golf Course in Mitchell. • Mitchell High School boys tennis hosts quadrangular, 10 a.m. at Hitchcock...
April 24, 2014 - 11:48pm
April 17, 2014
Mitchell’s Rew already qualified for 100, 300 hurdles
Ellie Rew is the hardest worker Mitchell track and field coach Geoff Gross has ever coached. The Mitchell junior works out before school at...
April 17, 2014 - 12:25am
April 14, 2014
Tuesday's sports briefs
Corn Palace Relays moved to today in Mitchell The annual Corn Palace Relays were moved up to 4 p.m. today at Joe Quintal Field in Mitchell. The event was originally set for Thursday but due to forecasted inclement weather, it was moved forward two days. Eight teams were scheduled...
April 14, 2014 - 11:37pm
Tuesday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Morningside College, 3 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls’ golf at Yankton Invitational, 10 a.m. at Yankton Fox Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis vs. Sioux Falls O’Gorman, 4 p.m. in O’Gorman...
April 14, 2014 - 11:19pm
April 7, 2014
Seven individuals, two relays place for Kernel track
The Mitchell track team started its season at the Al Sahli Invitational Saturday in Aberdeen and coach Geoff Gross was pleased with how his team performed in the early test. Three individuals and one relay team placed for the girls, while four individuals and one relay team finished...
April 7, 2014 - 12:19am
April 4, 2014
Weekend's sports schedule
Saturday • Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Midland, 1 p.m. in Fremont, Neb. • South Dakota State softball doubleheader vs. IUPUI, 2 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School track and field at Aberdeen Invitational, 11 a.m. in Aberdeen. • Mitchell High School...
April 4, 2014 - 11:30pm
Four placers return for Kernel track team
The Kernels had four girls place individually at the state track and field meet last season. The four placers — Senior Emma Schmidt and juniors Ellie Rew, Abby Sudbeck and Taylor Volesky — all return this season for Mitchell High School. Last season, Schmidt took seventh...
April 4, 2014 - 10:18pm