Skip to main content
The Daily Republic
AKG recognized for quality coolers
Governmental transparency tops Daugaard’s agenda for final two years in office
Crushed vehicle leads to dismissal of vehicular homicide charge
Senate approves first Cabinet members, Mattis and Kelly
Winner $23 million hospital expansion ready for bid
Lego replaces long-time CEO with first foreign boss in organizational shake-up
Instagram will soon let you like comments - or even turn them off completely
Google looks for 'conservative outreach' manager after Trump election win
McDonald's revamps $4 billion McCafe brand as it lags Starbucks
Amazon opening store that will eliminate checkout lines
At least one Midwest senator unhappy with Trump's ag secretary pick
USDA nominee has support of SD delegation
SDSU-led cattle seminar stirs up consumer impact ideas
Farmland rental rates dropping overall
Winter wheat plantings at long-time lows in South Dakota
Area high school basketball roundup: Black Panthers bounce Scotland
Point guard duo paces DWU women
Lyman wins three duals at the Sioux Valley Quad
Brookings downs Marlin girls
Boys Hanson Classic: Jaguars, Huskies set for tough tests
Couple plans March wedding
Mitchell man celebrates 85th birthday
Mitchell woman celebrates nine decades
Stickney couple marks 45th wedding anniversary
Colome man marks 90th birthday
Robert "Bob" Ryno
Dwayne D. Scott
Victor L. Sitting Crow
WOSTER: Afraid of the dark
DAUGAARD: Amazon's Big Step In The Right Direction
WEILAND: 'Hoodwinked'? No, this is undoing the will of the voters
OUR VIEW: MBA has big chance to thrive
NOEM: Nothing less than a miracle
No-fee promise comes into canyon debate
GF&P seeking benefits of Lyman County, other waters
Wiltz: Do coyotes affect our South Dakota deer herd?
Wiltz: The weight of heavy hunting
Hunters take last shot at pheasants
August 23, 2016
Mitchell girls' tennis sweeps in home opener
Mitchell remained perfect on the season with a pair of nonconference wins against Rapid City Central and Vermillion on Tuesday in its home-opener...
August 23, 2016 - 11:13pm
May 24, 2014
Mitchell tennis in second at state after second round
RAPID CITY — Beau Brown and Kanin Nelson jumped in celebration after winning a three-set match Friday to advance to the No. 2 doubles championship. The...
May 24, 2014 - 12:47am
May 23, 2014
Friday's sports schedule
• Mitchell High School boys’ tennis at state tournament, 9 a.m. in Rapid City.
May 23, 2014 - 1:03am
MHS wins all opening day matches at state
RAPID CITY — The Kernels rolled through the first day of the state boys tennis tournament Thursday. Mitchell totaled 332 points en route...
May 23, 2014 - 12:56am
May 21, 2014
Kernels striving for the top
Confidence couldn’t be higher for the Mitchell boys tennis team. The Kernels are coming off their first Eastern South Dakota Conference...
May 21, 2014 - 11:49pm
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan women’s golf at NAIA National Championships in Lincoln, Neb. • Mitchell High School boys tennis at state tournament, TBA in Rapid City. • Mitchell High School track and field at Huron Invitational, 4 p.m. in Huron. • Area track and field: Bon Homme,...
May 21, 2014 - 10:25pm
May 17, 2014
State tennis rulings to change in 2014-15
After years of running the state tennis tournaments, a flaw was found in the point system. The way the current point system is set up, there is a possibility that players who win the consolation championship, or finish ninth in their bracket, could earn more points than players...
May 17, 2014 - 12:43am
Kernels win first ESD title in 19 years
PIERRE — The Mitchell High School boys tennis team accomplished a feat that had eluded it for the last 19 years on Friday. The Kernels rode...
May 17, 2014 - 12:33am
May 12, 2014
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Mitchell High School boys tennis hosts Sioux Falls Lincoln, 4 p.m. at Hitchcock Park in Mitchell. • Mitchell High School baseball vs. Yankton, 6 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Area boys golf: Bridgewater-Emery at Regions
May 12, 2014 - 12:29am
May 5, 2014
Mitchell boys tennis continues to roll, sweeps quad
MADISON — The Mitchell boys tennis team kept its perfect record alive, sweeping three teams, including defending state champion Watertown, 9-0 at a quadrangular Saturday in Madison. The Kernels are now 15-0 and 8-0 in the Eastern South Dakota Conference with the win over the...
May 5, 2014 - 12:04am
April 27, 2014
PHOTO: Mitchell Middle School Tennis Jamboree
Mitchell seventh-grader Kobe Larson hits a forehand during a third-round matchup at the Mitchell Middle School Jamboree Saturday at Hitchcock...
April 27, 2014 - 11:44pm
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan men’s golf at GPAC Qualifier No. 4 in Yankton. • Mitchell High School girls golf at Sioux Falls Invitational, 9 a.m. at Sioux Falls Willow Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis hosts triangular, 1 p.m. in Mitchell. • Area girls...
April 27, 2014 - 10:35pm
April 25, 2014
Weekend's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Mount Marty, 2 p.m. in Yankton. • Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Concordia, noon in Seward, Neb. • Dakota Wesleyan track and field at Gustavus Adolphus Invite in St. Peter, Minn. • Mitchell High School boys’...
April 25, 2014 - 10:12pm
April 24, 2014
Friday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Hastings College, 5 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls golf hosts Mitchell Invitational, 10:30 a.m. at Lakeview Golf Course in Mitchell. • Mitchell High School boys tennis hosts quadrangular, 10 a.m. at Hitchcock...
April 24, 2014 - 11:48pm
April 14, 2014
Tuesday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Morningside College, 3 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls’ golf at Yankton Invitational, 10 a.m. at Yankton Fox Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis vs. Sioux Falls O’Gorman, 4 p.m. in O’Gorman...
April 14, 2014 - 11:19pm