Skip to main content
The Daily Republic
Tripp-Delmont’s possible consolidation, dissolution a problem for town’s economy
Around the Region
Four Mitchell residents arrested on drug charges
Trump, Clinton spar over who is best for minority voters
Fed's Yellen says case for interest rate hike has strengthened
New iPhone to ditch headphone jack, come with better camera
Hulu ends free streaming service
BankWest announces new banker in Mitchell
A spa in Burger King? A Taco Bell lounge? This is the future of fast food.
Study indicates Yankton can support more retail businesses
Plaintiffs join suit challenging anti-corporate farming law
Rain in past week boosts soil moisture in South Dakota
Egg-laying chickens and eggs up in South Dakota
Scouts find subpar corn yields, big soy pod counts in South Dakota
AgweekTV: North Dakota sweet corn patch donated to charity every year
Dakota State stuns Dakota Wesleyan football team
No. 3 Jaguars fend off No. 4 Cowboys
Kernels cross country brings back bigger squad
Titans overtake Razorbacks in first half
Bormann qualifies for Symetra Tour golf event
Marion man to celebrate 90th
Mitchell woman to celebrate 96 years
Weisser reunion to be held in Tripp
Strand birth announcement
Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary holds July meeting
Fern M. Chasing Horse
Richard Medicine Eagle, Sr.
Laura Mae Holguin
Mary Ann Blaha
Cliches are cliches for a reason; riding a bike explains why
OUR VIEW: Educators should encourage dual credit program
DUFFET: Paying for College and the Clinton New College Compact
MISKIMINS: Phillips helping, contributing in her hometown
Six fish species of state records set thus far in 2016
WILTZ: Cecil, Bullwinkle and the grizzly bears
North Dakota lowers mountain lion quota for first time
WILTZ: Some things we don't know bother me
Special August hunting season for Canada geese eliminated
August 23, 2016
Mitchell girls' tennis sweeps in home opener
Mitchell remained perfect on the season with a pair of nonconference wins against Rapid City Central and Vermillion on Tuesday in its home-opener...
August 23, 2016 - 11:13pm
May 24, 2014
Mitchell tennis in second at state after second round
RAPID CITY — Beau Brown and Kanin Nelson jumped in celebration after winning a three-set match Friday to advance to the No. 2 doubles championship. The...
May 24, 2014 - 12:47am
May 23, 2014
Friday's sports schedule
• Mitchell High School boys’ tennis at state tournament, 9 a.m. in Rapid City.
May 23, 2014 - 1:03am
MHS wins all opening day matches at state
RAPID CITY — The Kernels rolled through the first day of the state boys tennis tournament Thursday. Mitchell totaled 332 points en route...
May 23, 2014 - 12:56am
May 21, 2014
Kernels striving for the top
Confidence couldn’t be higher for the Mitchell boys tennis team. The Kernels are coming off their first Eastern South Dakota Conference...
May 21, 2014 - 11:49pm
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan women’s golf at NAIA National Championships in Lincoln, Neb. • Mitchell High School boys tennis at state tournament, TBA in Rapid City. • Mitchell High School track and field at Huron Invitational, 4 p.m. in Huron. • Area track and field: Bon Homme,...
May 21, 2014 - 10:25pm
May 17, 2014
State tennis rulings to change in 2014-15
After years of running the state tennis tournaments, a flaw was found in the point system. The way the current point system is set up, there is a possibility that players who win the consolation championship, or finish ninth in their bracket, could earn more points than players...
May 17, 2014 - 12:43am
Kernels win first ESD title in 19 years
PIERRE — The Mitchell High School boys tennis team accomplished a feat that had eluded it for the last 19 years on Friday. The Kernels rode...
May 17, 2014 - 12:33am
May 12, 2014
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Mitchell High School boys tennis hosts Sioux Falls Lincoln, 4 p.m. at Hitchcock Park in Mitchell. • Mitchell High School baseball vs. Yankton, 6 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Area boys golf: Bridgewater-Emery at Regions
May 12, 2014 - 12:29am
May 5, 2014
Mitchell boys tennis continues to roll, sweeps quad
MADISON — The Mitchell boys tennis team kept its perfect record alive, sweeping three teams, including defending state champion Watertown, 9-0 at a quadrangular Saturday in Madison. The Kernels are now 15-0 and 8-0 in the Eastern South Dakota Conference with the win over the...
May 5, 2014 - 12:04am
April 27, 2014
PHOTO: Mitchell Middle School Tennis Jamboree
Mitchell seventh-grader Kobe Larson hits a forehand during a third-round matchup at the Mitchell Middle School Jamboree Saturday at Hitchcock...
April 27, 2014 - 11:44pm
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan men’s golf at GPAC Qualifier No. 4 in Yankton. • Mitchell High School girls golf at Sioux Falls Invitational, 9 a.m. at Sioux Falls Willow Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis hosts triangular, 1 p.m. in Mitchell. • Area girls...
April 27, 2014 - 10:35pm
April 25, 2014
Weekend's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Mount Marty, 2 p.m. in Yankton. • Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Concordia, noon in Seward, Neb. • Dakota Wesleyan track and field at Gustavus Adolphus Invite in St. Peter, Minn. • Mitchell High School boys’...
April 25, 2014 - 10:12pm
April 24, 2014
Friday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Hastings College, 5 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls golf hosts Mitchell Invitational, 10:30 a.m. at Lakeview Golf Course in Mitchell. • Mitchell High School boys tennis hosts quadrangular, 10 a.m. at Hitchcock...
April 24, 2014 - 11:48pm
April 14, 2014
Tuesday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Morningside College, 3 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls’ golf at Yankton Invitational, 10 a.m. at Yankton Fox Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis vs. Sioux Falls O’Gorman, 4 p.m. in O’Gorman...
April 14, 2014 - 11:19pm