Skip to main content
The Daily Republic
Repeal? Replace? Both? Neither? Cloud of confusion hangs over health care bill
Teens watched, laughed and filmed as a Florida man drowned in a pond
In special way, Southwest Minnesota memorial honors 19-year-old who died in Iraq
Trump asked his advisers about his power to pardon himself in connection to Mueller's Russia investigation
'She could feel her foot in its mouth': Minn. girl bitten 25 times in lake, possibly by muskie
The 401(k) match is back, and it's getting bigger
Starbucks' latest bid to perk up sales growth: on-tap coffee
J.C. Penney to add toy sections in all stores
Shopping habits are hurting American jobs, especially today
Amazon.com on pace to break sales record for 'Prime Day'
Hutterite colony by Stratford plans to grow swine facility
OUR VIEW: To the farmers, thank you
Official on derailment: Track failure ‘a matter of time’
Column: I confess, I no longer pray for rain
Corn crop on the verge of collapse under brutally dry conditions
Amateur baseball roundup: Angels blast Rockets
Wild comeback sends Post 18 to state
Royals ready to play well as hosts
Platte/Geddes looking for timely hitting at state
McCook/Miner preps for state run
Blooming beauty: How to freshen up hair and makeup for spring
'The Cemetery Club' handles the topic of grief with care
Couple plans March wedding
Colome man marks 90th birthday
Mitchell woman celebrated 85 years
Francis L. DeRouchey
Viola Grace Vander Tuin
Lauren C. Meiers
THUNE: The internet needs a law, not a regulation
Column: A judiciary transformed at blazing speed under Trump
World of Wine: Wine tasting is about new discoveries
Trump has made it a priority to dismantle Obama's legacy. He has little to show for it so far.
Lost Italian: Refreshing summer slushes to to help beat the heat
Wiltz: A dream of an outdoor TV show
South Dakota drought conditions affect pheasant population
Bass fishing tournament to be held in South Dakota
Wiltz: What exactly was a mountain man?
Wiltz: Fishing and prairie dogs is a full SD day
McMillan 40th anniversary
Sibson 25th anniversary
July 13, 2017
Loecker and Patrick take second at Lee Open
ABERDEEN — Tyler Loecker and Aidan Patrick, both of Mitchell, finished second in the boys 14-and-under doubles competition this week at...
July 13, 2017 - 3:48pm
August 23, 2016
Mitchell girls' tennis sweeps in home opener
Mitchell remained perfect on the season with a pair of nonconference wins against Rapid City Central and Vermillion on Tuesday in its home-opener...
August 23, 2016 - 11:13pm
May 24, 2014
Mitchell tennis in second at state after second round
RAPID CITY — Beau Brown and Kanin Nelson jumped in celebration after winning a three-set match Friday to advance to the No. 2 doubles championship. The...
May 24, 2014 - 12:47am
May 23, 2014
Friday's sports schedule
• Mitchell High School boys’ tennis at state tournament, 9 a.m. in Rapid City.
May 23, 2014 - 1:03am
MHS wins all opening day matches at state
RAPID CITY — The Kernels rolled through the first day of the state boys tennis tournament Thursday. Mitchell totaled 332 points en route...
May 23, 2014 - 12:56am
May 21, 2014
Kernels striving for the top
Confidence couldn’t be higher for the Mitchell boys tennis team. The Kernels are coming off their first Eastern South Dakota Conference...
May 21, 2014 - 11:49pm
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan women’s golf at NAIA National Championships in Lincoln, Neb. • Mitchell High School boys tennis at state tournament, TBA in Rapid City. • Mitchell High School track and field at Huron Invitational, 4 p.m. in Huron. • Area track and field: Bon Homme,...
May 21, 2014 - 10:25pm
May 17, 2014
State tennis rulings to change in 2014-15
After years of running the state tennis tournaments, a flaw was found in the point system. The way the current point system is set up, there is a possibility that players who win the consolation championship, or finish ninth in their bracket, could earn more points than players...
May 17, 2014 - 12:43am
Kernels win first ESD title in 19 years
PIERRE — The Mitchell High School boys tennis team accomplished a feat that had eluded it for the last 19 years on Friday. The Kernels rode...
May 17, 2014 - 12:33am
May 12, 2014
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Mitchell High School boys tennis hosts Sioux Falls Lincoln, 4 p.m. at Hitchcock Park in Mitchell. • Mitchell High School baseball vs. Yankton, 6 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Area boys golf: Bridgewater-Emery at Regions
May 12, 2014 - 12:29am
May 5, 2014
Mitchell boys tennis continues to roll, sweeps quad
MADISON — The Mitchell boys tennis team kept its perfect record alive, sweeping three teams, including defending state champion Watertown, 9-0 at a quadrangular Saturday in Madison. The Kernels are now 15-0 and 8-0 in the Eastern South Dakota Conference with the win over the...
May 5, 2014 - 12:04am
April 27, 2014
PHOTO: Mitchell Middle School Tennis Jamboree
Mitchell seventh-grader Kobe Larson hits a forehand during a third-round matchup at the Mitchell Middle School Jamboree Saturday at Hitchcock...
April 27, 2014 - 11:44pm
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan men’s golf at GPAC Qualifier No. 4 in Yankton. • Mitchell High School girls golf at Sioux Falls Invitational, 9 a.m. at Sioux Falls Willow Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis hosts triangular, 1 p.m. in Mitchell. • Area girls...
April 27, 2014 - 10:35pm
April 25, 2014
Weekend's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Mount Marty, 2 p.m. in Yankton. • Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Concordia, noon in Seward, Neb. • Dakota Wesleyan track and field at Gustavus Adolphus Invite in St. Peter, Minn. • Mitchell High School boys’...
April 25, 2014 - 10:12pm
April 24, 2014
Friday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Hastings College, 5 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls golf hosts Mitchell Invitational, 10:30 a.m. at Lakeview Golf Course in Mitchell. • Mitchell High School boys tennis hosts quadrangular, 10 a.m. at Hitchcock...
April 24, 2014 - 11:48pm