Skip to main content
The Daily Republic
Oil is running into pipeline under Missouri River, company says
Scotland superintendent accepts Vermillion district's top administrative job
SD Medicaid expansion remains unlikely following failure of Obamacare repeal
Scotland man pleads not guilty to vehicular battery
Avon hires DeJong as next chief of police
Apparel chain Bebe Stores to explore strategic alternatives
McDonald's plans mobile ordering to speed up drive-through service
Snap tops expectations in pricing of long-awaited IPO
Lego replaces long-time CEO with first foreign boss in organizational shake-up
Instagram will soon let you like comments - or even turn them off completely
Cattle market heats up as retail beef price cools
NDSU researchers eyeball new ways to grow better beef
Weather presenting perfect conditions for lambing
Wessington Springs native is inventor of HydroGreen’s patent-pending system
Good genes more important than ever at bull auctions, rancher says
Coyotes cover new territory in prep baseball
Gregory boys win home meet
Twins' Grossman says he'll be ready by Opening Day
Peterson says he's in 'no rush' to latch onto another NFL team
Wild's slump can be blamed on just about everyone
'The Cemetery Club' handles the topic of grief with care
Couple plans March wedding
Colome man marks 90th birthday
Mitchell woman celebrated 85 years
Local couple weds in October ceremony
Julie A. Theel
Jeremy Lee Lhotak
DAUGAARD: A chance to be South Dakota's Capital for a Day
IN OTHER WORDS: Legislature wins in battle over IM 22
OUR VIEW: Hisses and cheers
LETTER: Politicians can't come up with good health care
LETTER: Abortion is evil
Ducks Unlimited to hold volunteer meeting
Increased license costs to benefit wildlife damage repairs
State seeking more successful deer hunts
Wiltz: Writing a book has its rewards, challenges
Chamberlain lures out-of-state anglers, reels in rewards
Curtis and Linda Mueller
August 23, 2016
Mitchell girls' tennis sweeps in home opener
Mitchell remained perfect on the season with a pair of nonconference wins against Rapid City Central and Vermillion on Tuesday in its home-opener...
August 23, 2016 - 11:13pm
May 24, 2014
Mitchell tennis in second at state after second round
RAPID CITY — Beau Brown and Kanin Nelson jumped in celebration after winning a three-set match Friday to advance to the No. 2 doubles championship. The...
May 24, 2014 - 12:47am
May 23, 2014
Friday's sports schedule
• Mitchell High School boys’ tennis at state tournament, 9 a.m. in Rapid City.
May 23, 2014 - 1:03am
MHS wins all opening day matches at state
RAPID CITY — The Kernels rolled through the first day of the state boys tennis tournament Thursday. Mitchell totaled 332 points en route...
May 23, 2014 - 12:56am
May 21, 2014
Kernels striving for the top
Confidence couldn’t be higher for the Mitchell boys tennis team. The Kernels are coming off their first Eastern South Dakota Conference...
May 21, 2014 - 11:49pm
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan women’s golf at NAIA National Championships in Lincoln, Neb. • Mitchell High School boys tennis at state tournament, TBA in Rapid City. • Mitchell High School track and field at Huron Invitational, 4 p.m. in Huron. • Area track and field: Bon Homme,...
May 21, 2014 - 10:25pm
May 17, 2014
State tennis rulings to change in 2014-15
After years of running the state tennis tournaments, a flaw was found in the point system. The way the current point system is set up, there is a possibility that players who win the consolation championship, or finish ninth in their bracket, could earn more points than players...
May 17, 2014 - 12:43am
Kernels win first ESD title in 19 years
PIERRE — The Mitchell High School boys tennis team accomplished a feat that had eluded it for the last 19 years on Friday. The Kernels rode...
May 17, 2014 - 12:33am
May 12, 2014
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Mitchell High School boys tennis hosts Sioux Falls Lincoln, 4 p.m. at Hitchcock Park in Mitchell. • Mitchell High School baseball vs. Yankton, 6 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Area boys golf: Bridgewater-Emery at Regions
May 12, 2014 - 12:29am
May 5, 2014
Mitchell boys tennis continues to roll, sweeps quad
MADISON — The Mitchell boys tennis team kept its perfect record alive, sweeping three teams, including defending state champion Watertown, 9-0 at a quadrangular Saturday in Madison. The Kernels are now 15-0 and 8-0 in the Eastern South Dakota Conference with the win over the...
May 5, 2014 - 12:04am
April 27, 2014
PHOTO: Mitchell Middle School Tennis Jamboree
Mitchell seventh-grader Kobe Larson hits a forehand during a third-round matchup at the Mitchell Middle School Jamboree Saturday at Hitchcock...
April 27, 2014 - 11:44pm
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan men’s golf at GPAC Qualifier No. 4 in Yankton. • Mitchell High School girls golf at Sioux Falls Invitational, 9 a.m. at Sioux Falls Willow Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis hosts triangular, 1 p.m. in Mitchell. • Area girls...
April 27, 2014 - 10:35pm
April 25, 2014
Weekend's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Mount Marty, 2 p.m. in Yankton. • Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Concordia, noon in Seward, Neb. • Dakota Wesleyan track and field at Gustavus Adolphus Invite in St. Peter, Minn. • Mitchell High School boys’...
April 25, 2014 - 10:12pm
April 24, 2014
Friday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Hastings College, 5 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls golf hosts Mitchell Invitational, 10:30 a.m. at Lakeview Golf Course in Mitchell. • Mitchell High School boys tennis hosts quadrangular, 10 a.m. at Hitchcock...
April 24, 2014 - 11:48pm
April 14, 2014
Tuesday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Morningside College, 3 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls’ golf at Yankton Invitational, 10 a.m. at Yankton Fox Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis vs. Sioux Falls O’Gorman, 4 p.m. in O’Gorman...
April 14, 2014 - 11:19pm