Skip to main content
The Daily Republic
Merkel's conservatives make big gains in German Saarland election
Wagner man identified as victim in fatal crash
South Central Classis of Reformed Church in US to be in Mitchell
Trump ally Stone offers to testify in Russian meddling probe
Russian police detain opposition leader, dozens of protesters
Apparel chain Bebe Stores to explore strategic alternatives
McDonald's plans mobile ordering to speed up drive-through service
Snap tops expectations in pricing of long-awaited IPO
Lego replaces long-time CEO with first foreign boss in organizational shake-up
Instagram will soon let you like comments - or even turn them off completely
AgweekTV: Cattle stress study at NDSU
Weather presenting perfect conditions for lambing
Wessington Springs native is inventor of HydroGreen’s patent-pending system
Good genes more important than ever at bull auctions, rancher says
NOEM: A diversity of issues impacting agriculture
Class A boys sweep Class AA, B
Berrios proud to have played for Puerto Rico, even if it means starting season in minors
POWERS: Twins management right to evaluate team... but don't expect fans to wait for turnaround
Injury bug finally makes way to Twins camp
Canucks pound Wild with big second period
'The Cemetery Club' handles the topic of grief with care
Couple plans March wedding
Colome man marks 90th birthday
Mitchell woman celebrated 85 years
Local couple weds in October ceremony
William "Bill" Mayer
LETTER: Politicians can't come up with good health care
LETTER: Abortion is evil
LETTER: Truth be told
LETTER: Lying about talking to the Russians?
LETTERS: Other powers don't run 100 percent
Ducks Unlimited to hold volunteer meeting
Increased license costs to benefit wildlife damage repairs
State seeking more successful deer hunts
Wiltz: Writing a book has its rewards, challenges
Chamberlain lures out-of-state anglers, reels in rewards
Curtis and Linda Mueller
May 3, 2014
Midland tops DWU in GPAC championship
The upstart Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team’s season came to an end as Midland finished with 17 hits in the Great Plains Athletic...
May 3, 2014 - 6:38pm
May 1, 2014
Strong pitching leads DWU baseball to pair of wins at GPAC tourney
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team rode strong pitching to a pair of wins on the opening day of the Great Plains Athletic Conference...
May 1, 2014 - 10:24pm
April 30, 2014
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball vs. Morningside College at the GPAC tournament, noon, at Cadwell Park. • Dakota Wesleyan softball vs. Hastings College at the GPAC tournament, noon, in Hastings, Neb. • Mitchell High School baseball vs. Sioux Falls Washington, 6 p.m. in Sioux...
April 30, 2014 - 10:24pm
GPAC baseball tourney kicks off today in Mitchell
In its last 10 Great Plains Athletic Conference baseball games, Dakota Wesleyan University has won eight. DWU set itself up to be the fifth seed in the conference tournament, which begins today and concludes Saturday in Mitchell. The Tigers hope to use their recent success and...
April 30, 2014 - 10:17pm
April 27, 2014
DWU baseball splits final regular-season series
By JAMES D. CIMBUREK Yankton Press & Dakotan YANKTON — Saturday’s Great Plains Athletic Conference baseball doubleheader with Mount Marty was exactly what Dakota Wesleyan head coach Steve Gust likes to see at this point in the season, with one exception: It wasn’t a...
April 27, 2014 - 11:53pm
April 25, 2014
Weekend's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Mount Marty, 2 p.m. in Yankton. • Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Concordia, noon in Seward, Neb. • Dakota Wesleyan track and field at Gustavus Adolphus Invite in St. Peter, Minn. • Mitchell High School boys’...
April 25, 2014 - 10:12pm
April 24, 2014
Friday's sports briefs
Wesleyan men’s golf takes fifth at Mount Marty Invitational YANKTON — The Dakota Wesleyan University men’s golf team finished fifth, shooting a 309 at the Mount Marty College Invitational Thursday in Yankton. Anthony Husher and Tom Hogg each shot a 76 to tie for 12th to...
April 24, 2014 - 11:51pm
April 23, 2014
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Dordt College, 5 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Dakota Wesleyan men’s golf at Mount Marty College in Yankton. • Area track and field: McCook Central/Montrose at the West Central Invitational in Hartford; Kimball/White Lake, Wessington...
April 23, 2014 - 11:48pm
April 14, 2014
Tuesday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Morningside College, 3 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls’ golf at Yankton Invitational, 10 a.m. at Yankton Fox Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis vs. Sioux Falls O’Gorman, 4 p.m. in O’Gorman...
April 14, 2014 - 11:19pm
DWU baseball sweeps Hastings
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team picked up its first doubleheader sweep in Great Plains Athletic Conference play this season against Hastings College. The Tigers (18-18, 4-8 GPAC) allowed one run in two games, breaking the team’s seven-game losing streak Monday at...
April 14, 2014 - 11:03pm
April 13, 2014
Doane takes two from Wesleyan
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team dropped two games to Doane College in a Great Plains Athletic Conference doubleheader Saturday at...
April 13, 2014 - 10:47pm
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Hastings College, 1 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Morningside College, 3 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis vs. Vermillion, 4 p.m. in Vermillion. • Area girls’...
April 13, 2014 - 10:42pm
April 10, 2014
Freshman off to strong start
Dakota Wesleyan University baseball coach Steve Gust wasn’t quite sure how his team was going to fill the void left at shortstop by Great Plains...
April 10, 2014 - 12:13am
Jamestown sweeps nonconference doubleheader over DWU
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team lost a pair of nonconference games to the University of Jamestown (RV) Wednesday at Cadwell Park in Mitchell. The Tigers (16-16) gave up three late runs in a 5-2 loss in the opening game of the doubleheader, before errors by DWU in the...
April 10, 2014 - 12:05am
April 7, 2014
Monday's sports briefs
• Dakota Wesleyan women’s golf at Peru State College in Nebraska City, Neb. • Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Northwestern College, 2 p.m. in Orange City, Iowa.
April 7, 2014 - 12:23am