Skip to main content
The Daily Republic
The rise and humiliating fall of Chris Cantwell, Charlottesville's starring 'fascist'
Alleged robber shot at Minnesota cellphone store identified
A neo-Nazi's rage-fueled journey to Charlottesville
Former Sisseton-Wahpeton tribal executive sent to prison for embezzlement
No arrests yet in murder of southwest Minnesota woman in her home two years later
Move over Ticketmaster: Amazon in talks to offer event ticketing in U.S.
Google is said to work on news product competing with Snapchat
Americans keep crushing it with their 401(k)s
Can melted cheese be Chipotle's savior?
Sony inks deal to sell PlayStation Vue internet TV service through small cable operators
Truckers, hay wanted to help aid drought-stricken livestock producers in region
Weather, ag economy play role in lower Dakotafest attendance
Wheat falls to contract lows on fund selling; soy gains
Wisconsin officials act to help Northern Plains drought
2 agriculture groups in Dakotas to vote on merger
Pressure to win: Prep football coaching tenure decreasing in South Dakota
Sioux Falls team held hitless in LLWS opener
Buxton, homer-happy Twins topple Diamondbacks
Area prep football roundup: Jaguars race past Pirates
Chargers defeat No. 1 Winner to open season
Award-winning ‘Over the Ocean’ is first-rate read
KIRK: Gratitude for the little country things
Fulton sisters celebrate 10 years of bow rehairing, restoration business
ACT’s ‘Mary Poppins’ wows audiences with vocals, dance scenes
Saddle making: Hobby turned full-time career
Timothy Wayne Tilberg
Brian O. Sherman Berry
Pauline A. Hrdlicka
ROUNDS: Standing strong against foreign aggression
NOEM: Economic and workforce development go hand in hand
3 easy ways to view the eclipse while protecting your eyes
IN OTHER WORDS: Students, step forward and work on The Kernel
THUNE: The future is within our reach
Wiltz: Good outdoorsmen have to be on their game
South Dakota researcher study fish density
Wiltz: Chasing the thrill of hunting boars
Wiltz: A legendary bungled archery hunt
Pheasants Forever, biologists looking for businesses to help fund more public hunting land
James and Karen Geppert
May 3, 2014
Midland tops DWU in GPAC championship
The upstart Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team’s season came to an end as Midland finished with 17 hits in the Great Plains Athletic...
May 3, 2014 - 6:38pm
May 1, 2014
Strong pitching leads DWU baseball to pair of wins at GPAC tourney
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team rode strong pitching to a pair of wins on the opening day of the Great Plains Athletic Conference...
May 1, 2014 - 10:24pm
April 30, 2014
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball vs. Morningside College at the GPAC tournament, noon, at Cadwell Park. • Dakota Wesleyan softball vs. Hastings College at the GPAC tournament, noon, in Hastings, Neb. • Mitchell High School baseball vs. Sioux Falls Washington, 6 p.m. in Sioux...
April 30, 2014 - 10:24pm
GPAC baseball tourney kicks off today in Mitchell
In its last 10 Great Plains Athletic Conference baseball games, Dakota Wesleyan University has won eight. DWU set itself up to be the fifth seed in the conference tournament, which begins today and concludes Saturday in Mitchell. The Tigers hope to use their recent success and...
April 30, 2014 - 10:17pm
April 27, 2014
DWU baseball splits final regular-season series
By JAMES D. CIMBUREK Yankton Press & Dakotan YANKTON — Saturday’s Great Plains Athletic Conference baseball doubleheader with Mount Marty was exactly what Dakota Wesleyan head coach Steve Gust likes to see at this point in the season, with one exception: It wasn’t a...
April 27, 2014 - 11:53pm
April 25, 2014
Weekend's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Mount Marty, 2 p.m. in Yankton. • Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Concordia, noon in Seward, Neb. • Dakota Wesleyan track and field at Gustavus Adolphus Invite in St. Peter, Minn. • Mitchell High School boys’...
April 25, 2014 - 10:12pm
April 24, 2014
Friday's sports briefs
Wesleyan men’s golf takes fifth at Mount Marty Invitational YANKTON — The Dakota Wesleyan University men’s golf team finished fifth, shooting a 309 at the Mount Marty College Invitational Thursday in Yankton. Anthony Husher and Tom Hogg each shot a 76 to tie for 12th to...
April 24, 2014 - 11:51pm
April 23, 2014
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Dordt College, 5 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Dakota Wesleyan men’s golf at Mount Marty College in Yankton. • Area track and field: McCook Central/Montrose at the West Central Invitational in Hartford; Kimball/White Lake, Wessington...
April 23, 2014 - 11:48pm
April 14, 2014
Tuesday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Morningside College, 3 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls’ golf at Yankton Invitational, 10 a.m. at Yankton Fox Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis vs. Sioux Falls O’Gorman, 4 p.m. in O’Gorman...
April 14, 2014 - 11:19pm
DWU baseball sweeps Hastings
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team picked up its first doubleheader sweep in Great Plains Athletic Conference play this season against Hastings College. The Tigers (18-18, 4-8 GPAC) allowed one run in two games, breaking the team’s seven-game losing streak Monday at...
April 14, 2014 - 11:03pm
April 13, 2014
Doane takes two from Wesleyan
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team dropped two games to Doane College in a Great Plains Athletic Conference doubleheader Saturday at...
April 13, 2014 - 10:47pm
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Hastings College, 1 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Morningside College, 3 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis vs. Vermillion, 4 p.m. in Vermillion. • Area girls’...
April 13, 2014 - 10:42pm
April 10, 2014
Freshman off to strong start
Dakota Wesleyan University baseball coach Steve Gust wasn’t quite sure how his team was going to fill the void left at shortstop by Great Plains...
April 10, 2014 - 12:13am
Jamestown sweeps nonconference doubleheader over DWU
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team lost a pair of nonconference games to the University of Jamestown (RV) Wednesday at Cadwell Park in Mitchell. The Tigers (16-16) gave up three late runs in a 5-2 loss in the opening game of the doubleheader, before errors by DWU in the...
April 10, 2014 - 12:05am
April 7, 2014
Monday's sports briefs
• Dakota Wesleyan women’s golf at Peru State College in Nebraska City, Neb. • Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Northwestern College, 2 p.m. in Orange City, Iowa.
April 7, 2014 - 12:23am