Skip to main content
The Daily Republic
Country star Kenny Chesney aims to fix U.S. Bank Stadium's acoustics
How most leadership training programs fail women
Second panel of legislators wades into GEAR UP fight
Everything you forgot about Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake's 2004 Super Bowl controversy
Conjoined twins survived one of the world's rarest surgeries. Now they're preparing to go home.
Map shows North Dakota, South Dakota among 7 states to not submit proposal for new Amazon HQ
Here is the most popular fast-food chain in Minnesota, North Dakota
What would happen if Amazon brought 50,000 workers to your city? Ask Seattle.
Target to remodel more stores as chain seeks edge over Wal-Mart
71 percent of employees are looking for new jobs
Place a Business Brief
Group plans push for expanded livestock sector in ND
Five fire departments receive grain bin rescue training
AgweekTV: Soil Your Undies
Drought conditions continue to improve in the Dakotas
As harvest gets underway, 2017 was problematic year for SD farmers
Wild promote 3 from AHL team
Week of Oct. 23 prep football and volleyball polls
Dodgers and Astros renew rivalry in World Series
Area volleyball roundup: Wagner claims SESD title
Burke/South Central's Person places 2nd at state cross country meet
Award-winning ‘Over the Ocean’ is first-rate read
KIRK: Gratitude for the little country things
Fulton sisters celebrate 10 years of bow rehairing, restoration business
ACT’s ‘Mary Poppins’ wows audiences with vocals, dance scenes
Saddle making: Hobby turned full-time career
Anna Frances "Ann" VanderPol
Alexa Nicole McKenzie
Laurie Kay Nelson
OUR VIEW: Hisses and cheers
MERCER: A new book tells Tom Berry story
AstroBob: Neutron stars' death merger rattles the fabric of spacetimes
LETTER: Understanding the gun debate
LETTER: A new wonder at the theater
Pheasant hunters not fazed by lower South Dakota bird counts
Wiltz: Fear is a learned emotion
Wiltz: Know your shotgun before hunting pheasants
Poor Dakotas pheasant seasons could impact states' economies
Tangled whitetails: 'Once-in-a-lifetime' memory to help save a deer
Annika Russell - Bridal Shower
Paulson Five Generations
May 3, 2014
Midland tops DWU in GPAC championship
The upstart Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team’s season came to an end as Midland finished with 17 hits in the Great Plains Athletic...
May 3, 2014 - 6:38pm
May 1, 2014
Strong pitching leads DWU baseball to pair of wins at GPAC tourney
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team rode strong pitching to a pair of wins on the opening day of the Great Plains Athletic Conference...
May 1, 2014 - 10:24pm
April 30, 2014
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball vs. Morningside College at the GPAC tournament, noon, at Cadwell Park. • Dakota Wesleyan softball vs. Hastings College at the GPAC tournament, noon, in Hastings, Neb. • Mitchell High School baseball vs. Sioux Falls Washington, 6 p.m. in Sioux...
April 30, 2014 - 10:24pm
GPAC baseball tourney kicks off today in Mitchell
In its last 10 Great Plains Athletic Conference baseball games, Dakota Wesleyan University has won eight. DWU set itself up to be the fifth seed in the conference tournament, which begins today and concludes Saturday in Mitchell. The Tigers hope to use their recent success and...
April 30, 2014 - 10:17pm
April 27, 2014
DWU baseball splits final regular-season series
By JAMES D.
April 27, 2014 - 11:53pm
April 25, 2014
Weekend's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Mount Marty, 2 p.m. in Yankton. • Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Concordia, noon in Seward, Neb. • Dakota Wesleyan track and field at Gustavus Adolphus Invite in St. Peter, Minn. • Mitchell High School boys’...
April 25, 2014 - 10:12pm
April 24, 2014
Friday's sports briefs
Wesleyan men’s golf takes fifth at Mount Marty Invitational YANKTON — The Dakota Wesleyan University men’s golf team finished fifth, shooting a 309 at the Mount Marty College Invitational Thursday in Yankton. Anthony Husher and Tom Hogg each shot a 76 to tie for 12th to...
April 24, 2014 - 11:51pm
April 23, 2014
Thursday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Dordt College, 5 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Dakota Wesleyan men’s golf at Mount Marty College in Yankton. • Area track and field: McCook Central/Montrose at the West Central Invitational in Hartford; Kimball/White Lake, Wessington...
April 23, 2014 - 11:48pm
April 14, 2014
Tuesday's sports schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Morningside College, 3 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School girls’ golf at Yankton Invitational, 10 a.m. at Yankton Fox Run Golf Course. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis vs. Sioux Falls O’Gorman, 4 p.m. in O’Gorman...
April 14, 2014 - 11:19pm
DWU baseball sweeps Hastings
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team picked up its first doubleheader sweep in Great Plains Athletic Conference play this season against Hastings College. The Tigers (18-18, 4-8 GPAC) allowed one run in two games, breaking the team’s seven-game losing streak Monday at...
April 14, 2014 - 11:03pm
April 13, 2014
Doane takes two from Wesleyan
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team dropped two games to Doane College in a Great Plains Athletic Conference doubleheader Saturday at...
April 13, 2014 - 10:47pm
Monday's Sports Schedule
• Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Hastings College, 1 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Dakota Wesleyan softball doubleheader vs. Morningside College, 3 p.m. at Cadwell Park. • Mitchell High School boys’ tennis vs. Vermillion, 4 p.m. in Vermillion. • Area girls’...
April 13, 2014 - 10:42pm
April 10, 2014
Freshman off to strong start
Dakota Wesleyan University baseball coach Steve Gust wasn’t quite sure how his team was going to fill the void left at shortstop by Great Plains...
April 10, 2014 - 12:13am
Jamestown sweeps nonconference doubleheader over DWU
The Dakota Wesleyan University baseball team lost a pair of nonconference games to the University of Jamestown (RV) Wednesday at Cadwell Park in Mitchell. The Tigers (16-16) gave up three late runs in a 5-2 loss in the opening game of the doubleheader, before errors by DWU in the...
April 10, 2014 - 12:05am
April 7, 2014
Monday's sports briefs
• Dakota Wesleyan women’s golf at Peru State College in Nebraska City, Neb. • Dakota Wesleyan baseball doubleheader vs. Northwestern College, 2 p.m. in Orange City, Iowa.
April 7, 2014 - 12:23am