Friday need-to-know: 5 stories
Here are five stories you should know Friday:
1. Here's the history and background on the "Goofy Pool," located in eastern Mitchell.
2. Mitchell native and South Dakota State University standout Macy Miller's knee is at about 80 percent, she says. She's looking forward to the upcoming season.
3. An interesting find at the Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village has the site's executive director intrigued.
4. Wednesday night's severe storms punished some small towns in southeastern South Dakota.
5. Here's the Thursday night amateur baseball roundup. Plankinton, Winner/Colome, Corsica/Stickney and Dimock-Emery were winners, among others.