Thursday need-to-know: 5 stories
Here's what you need to know heading into Thursday:
1. Visitors can pick pumpkins "right off the vine" at a nearby patch in Mount Vernon. The patch celebrates 10 years of operation this year.
2. Two Mitchell area nurses will soon be certified sexual assault nurse examiners. They will be trained on how to collect DNA evidence and counsel rape victims.
3. Three Wagner men were arrested and charged last month for stealing a sound system from the Wagner Community School's football stadium.
4. Mitchell High School football is getting burned by fumbling the ball away this season — for a total of 15 costly turnovers.
5. A donation from an Armour couple will pave the way for potential expansion to the Douglas County Memorial Hospital.