Davison County Commission to hear from Jackrabbit Farms
Representatives from Jackrabbit Farms are expected to speak before the Davison County Commission Tuesday in response to complaints over the smell emanating from the farm being too much.
The commissioners will hold a regular meeting Tuesday at the Davison County North Offices at 1420 N. Main St. in Mitchell, starting at 9 a.m.
At their July 15 meeting, the commissioners heard from neighbors of the farm in the southwestern part of the county that the biofilters installed by the owners of the farm were not effective.
The commission will also a hear a proposal regarding moving to a service contract setup for replacing computers from Tech Solutions, the county's computer provider.
The following is the commissioners' agenda:
• 9 a.m.: Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, approve previous meeting's minutes, citizens input.
• 9:30 a.m.: Meet as Board of Adjustment.
• 9:40 a.m.: Approve plats as recommended by Planning & Zoning.
• 9:45 a.m.: Meet with representatives from Jackrabbit Farms regarding complaints over smell and biofilters.
• 10:15 a.m.: Meet with Treasurer Christie Gunkel regarding a new fax line.
• 10:30 a.m.: Meet with Maintenance Supervisor Mark Ruml regarding an alarm system at the Public Safety Building.
• 10:45 a.m.: Meet with Sheriff Steve Brink regarding a copy machine purchase.
• 11 a.m.: Discuss the Dakotafest issue over who will pay for dust control near the showgrounds.
• 11:15 a.m.: Meet with Planning & Zoning Administrator Jeff Bathke regarding a new vehicle purchase.
• 11:30 a.m.: Meet with Tech Solutions Division Manager Ramon Shultz regarding a hardware service contract.
• 11:55 a.m.: Miscellaneous motions brought to the board, approve bills, auditor's account with the treasurer