Weather Forecast


No gas leak found at Marlin’s, sources report

A potential gas leak turned up clean, sources said Monday evening.

Rob Parker, officer in charge of the Mitchell Fire Division, said firefighters responded to a suspected gas leak at Marlin’s Family Restaurant in Mitchell around 7:30 p.m. Monday.

Parker said the restaurant’s employees had evacuated the building as a precaution by the time firefi ghters arrived.

NorthWestern Energy employees did check out the leak, company spokesman Tom Glanzer confirmed, but found almost unreadable trace levels of natural gas.