Weather Forecast


No one hurt in Mitchell cooking fire

A cooking fire resulted in no injuries and minor damages Monday night, authorities said.

Capt. Ben Vanden Hoek, with the Mitchell Fire Division, said officials responded to a call shortly after 8 p.m. Monday at 212 W. Fir Ave., when one of the home’s occupants was frying supper in a frying pan.

0 Talk about it

When the occupant’s dog bumped the pan, some of the oil spilled onto the burner and ignited.

It started to spread, Vanden Hoek said, but was mostly contained by the time firefighters arrived.

No one was injured, and Vanden Hoek estimated about $300 in damages in the kitchen.