Circuit court from Nov. 21
The following cases were among those heard Tuesday during a circuit court session at the Davison County Public Safety Center in Mitchell.
Guilty pleas and sentences
• Rachael Riggs, 31, of Ethan, pleaded guilty to second-offense driving under the influence. She was sentenced to 90 days in jail with 80 days suspended and recieved credit for one day served. Her driving license was also revoked for one year with an exception for a work permit and to transport her child to school and activities.
• Ashley Dorzok, 32, of Mitchell, pleaded guilty to grand theft of more than $5,000 and less than $100,000. A sentence hearing is scheduled for Nov. 28.
• Camille Cournoyer, 37, of Sioux Falls, pleaded guilty to grand theft of more than $1,000 and less than or equal to $2,500. She was sentenced to three years in prison with three years suspended and order to three years of probation.
• Thomas Koster, 41, of Mitchell, pleaded guilty to petty theft. He was sentenced to 60 days in jail with 60 days suspended and must pay restitution.
• Wetu Kiyukan, 22, of Mitchell, was sentenced for possession controlled substance schedule I or II and a probation violation. She was approved for drug and DUI court and sentenced to 10 years in prison with 10 years suspended and recieved credit for 210 days already served in jail.
Not guilty pleas
• Kole Hart, 20, pleaded not guilty to possession of a controlled schedule I or II substance and possession of 2 ounces or less of marijuana. A trial is set for Feb. 13.
• Katie Valle, 32, of Mitchell, is waiting for approval to start drug and DUI court. She was released from custody until the next status hearing on Nov. 28.
• Merle Northrup, 47, of Mount Vernon, was approved for a change of a court appointed defense attorney. He is now represented by Theresa Maule Rossow. A new trial date was scheduled for Feb. 13. He is charged with grand theft of more than $100,000 and less than $500,000.
• Tyler Dobras, 28, of Mount Vernon, was issued a continuance for his defense attorney to review additional evidence. A status hearing is scheduled for Nov. 28. He is charged with first-degree rape, indecent exposure involving a child, and sexual contact with a child under the age of 16.
• Harley Miller, 24, of Mitchell, was issued a continuance and an arraignment is scheduled for Dec. 12. He is charged with simple assault and second-degree robbery.
• Myron Songer, 30, of Mitchell, is currently in custody in Winner City Jail. A new status hearing is scheduled for Nov. 28. He is charged with aggravated assault and failing to register as a convicted sex offender.
• Dawn Long, 39, of Mitchell, was appointed a co-counsel defense attorney. She is now represented by E. Steeves Smith and Keith Goehring. A new status hearing is scheduled for Nov. 28. She is charged with reckless burning and attempted first-degree murder.