Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Feb. 27 through March 5. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a court-approved plan for repayment.
• Aberdeen: Ross Allan Grode, Chapter 7; Tina Marie Karpinske, Chapter 7.
• Avon: Seth Matthew Gill, Chapter 7.
• Central City: Becky Fannette Fontenot, Chapter 7.
• Elk Point: Carrol Walter Strand, Chapter 7.
• Harrisburg: Steven Arthur Schneider, Chapter 13; Katherine Marie Schneider, Chapter 13.
• Mitchell: T.J. DeJong, L.L.C., Mitchell, Chapter 7; Lisa Renee Shippy, Chapter 7.
• Rapid City: Susan Lynn Blade, Chapter 7; Chelsea Nicole Louder, Chapter 7.
• Roscoe: Johnny Jay Wipf, Chapter 7; JoAnn (no middle name) Wipf, Chapter 7.
• Sioux Falls: Joshua James Popkes Sr., Chapter 7; Adane Gabre Redda, Chapter 7; Selam Adane Yeman, Chapter 7; Michelle Lynn Thorne, Chapter 7; Cody Robert Aeilts, Chapter 7; Kathleen Ann Koepsell, Chapter 7; Douglas Gene Haraldson, Chapter 13; Darci Ann Haraldson, Chapter 13.
• Sturgis: Tracy Warren Nordell, Chapter 7.
• Vermillion: Andrew Joseph Horan, Chapter 7; Lindsey Jo Lucas, Chapter 7.
• Yankton: Lawrence Louis Kostel, Chapter 7.