Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from a community theater production to a dance to a sausage supper.
Things to do
• “Alone Together,” ACT production, 7:30 p.m., all seats reserved, $10 or $12, Pepsi Cola Theatre for the Performing Arts, Mitchell.
• “Poetry for All People,” 1 to 4 p.m., Dakota Discovery Museum, Mitchell.
• Mitchell Area Singles dance, 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., American Legion, Ethan.
• “Alone Together,” ACT production, 2 p.m., all seats reserved, $10 or $12, Pepsi Cola Theatre for the Performing Arts, Mitchell.
• 45th annual Knights of Columbus homemade sausage supper, 3 to 6:30 p.m., John Paul II auditorium, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
SUPPORT GROUP TO MEET THURSDAY: The Mitchell Area Neuropathy Support Group meeting will be at 2 p.m. on Thursday, March 7, at Countryside Living Community Room, Mitchell.
Diane Bechen, nutrition assistant, Family Nutrition Program, will present “Unscrambling the Truth About Eggs and Getting More B and D Vitamins.” There will be recipes to taste.
For more information, call 995-8141.
Mega Millions: Winning numbers drawn Friday: 17-30-38-43-51; Mega Ball: 20; Megaplier: 4; Estimated jackpot: $19 million.
Vera Siegmund, 81, Winner. — See Obituaries, A6
Mitchell: $3.683 Yankton: $3.695 Rapid City: $3.323 Sioux Falls: $3.730 State: $3.651 National: $3.771
Today in local history
At a Mitchell City Council meeting on this date in 2010, a final decision on the city-owned lot along North Harmon Drive was tabled until August, following a hearing which included a group of 100 people who tried and failed to convince the council to protect the property and its trees.