Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from a square dance to bookmobiles to a joint pain seminar.
Things to do
• Hanson McCook Regional Library Bookmobile: Diamond Care Center, 8 to 8:15 a.m.; Learning Bridge, 8:15 to 8:30 a.m.; Bridgewater, 8:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Palace Promenaders Square Dance Club dance, 7:30 p.m., James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• “Next Generation of Livestock Production” forum, 6:30 p.m., Platte Livestock Barn, Platte
• Hanson McCook Regional Library Bookmobile: Hanson, 8:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Caregivers Support Group meeting, 2 p.m., Avera Queen of Peace Hospitality House, Mitchell.
• Dance to music of Harvey Wormsbecher, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m., $4 admission which includes lunch, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., PO Box 1288, Mitchell, SD, 57301.
Things to remember
SEMINAR TO DISCUSS JOINT PAIN: A free joint seminar will be held at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28, in the Community Room, Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Mitchell.
Chris Lippert, director of OR, and Joint Seminar program manager will present information about signs, symptoms, causes and treatment of joint pain as well as bone and joint diseases and treatments available
For information and to pre-register, call 995-2205.
Powerball: 2-5-31-39-41; Powerball, 29. Est. jackpot, $90M.
Dakota Cash: 16-18-20-21-35; Est. jackpot, $59,000.
Hot Lotto: 7-15-31-34-37; Hot ball, 14; Est. jackpot, $2.08M.
Mega Millions: 9-13-24-38-49; Megaball, 30; Megaplier, 3. Est. jackpot, $13M.
Wild Card 2: 5-17-19-20-23; Wildcard, Queen of Diamonds. Est. jackpot, $215,000.
Non-public school enrollment in South Dakota was 16,625 in the fall of 2012 according to the SD Kids Count Factbook.
Today in local history
Online registration for summer programs through the Mitchell Recreation Department was revealed on this date in 2009. The program which can be accessed from any computer with internet access is designed to eliminate long lines for signing up children for summer activities.