Menno receives historic preservation grantThe South Dakota State Historical Society gave $10,000 to Our Savior’s Lutheran Church for replacement of the roof and flashing.
By: News release , South Dakota State Historical Society
PIERRE — Historic preservation projects in Hot Springs, Menno, Rapid City, Sioux Falls and the Stockholm vicinity recently received matching grants from the South Dakota State Historical Society, as announced by Jay D. Vogt, director of the society.
The following projects received grants:
• Hot Springs: Historic Sandstone School House and Pioneer Museum, $15,000 for repointing the stone;
• Menno vicinity: Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, $10,000 for replacement of roof and flashing;
• Rapid City: Faith Temple, $10,000 for repointing the masonry;
• Sioux Falls: Avery House, $10,000 for repointing the masonry and porch reconstruction;
• Sioux Falls: Hollister-Sharp House, $9,000 for replacement of the gutter system, repoint the chimney, and repair/replace woodwork;
• Stockholm vicinity: Brown Earth Church, $3,125 for window and log rehabilitation.