Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from Relay for Life to the Empty Bowls anti-hunger fundraiser to some dances.
Things to do
• Empty Bowl fundraiser, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mitchell Career and Technical Education Academy, Mitchell.
• Mitchell Area Local Spelling Bee, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dakota Wesleyan University Rollins Campus Center, Mitchell.
• Corn Palace Regional Spelling Bee, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., DWU Rollins Campus Center, Mitchell.
• Winter Dance Party, 6 p.m., $20, Corn Palace, Mitchell.
• American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Davison County, noon to 3 p.m., Corn Palace, Mitchell.
• American Cancer Society Frigid Run, 12:30 p.m., Corn Palace, Mitchell.
• Israel presentation by the Rev. Keith Nash, 6 p.m., First Reformed Church, Mitchell.
• Beckstrom Family Breakfast Benefit and MOPS bake sale, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., free-will offering for breakfast, John Paul II School Gym, Mitchell.
• 26th Annual Men’s Chorus Festival Concert, 7:30 p.m., Tripp-Delmont School gymnasium, free-will offering accepted, Tripp.
• Annual pancake supper, 5 to 7 p.m., free-will offering, United Methodist Church, White Lake.
• Progressive Pitch card party, 2 p.m., $5 to play, prizes awarded, freewill offering lunch, Community Building, Geddes.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email email@example.com or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
JVCC TO HOLD DANCE: Dance to the music of Harvey Wormsbecher from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 26, at James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
Admission is $4, which includes lunch. All ages are welcome and you don’t have to be a member to attend.
PLATTE HOSTS FORUM: “The Next Generation of Livestock Production” forum will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 25, at the Platte Livestock Barn, Platte.
Mega Millions: Winning numbers drawn Friday: 9-13-24-38-49; Mega Ball: 30; Megaplier: 3; Estimated jackpot: $12 million.
Mitchell: $3.676 Yankton: $3.739 Rapid City: $3.331 Sioux Falls: $3.818 State: $3.658 National: $3.781
Today in local history
On this date in 2008, it was revealed that candidates for city offices are not required to report campaign finance contributions unless their city has adopted its own reporting requirements. Candidates for county, state and school board offices are required to file campaign finance reports in certain circumstances.