Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from a gluten-free support group to a bridge game to winning lottery numbers.
Things to do
• Gluten Free of South Dakota support group, 6 p.m., break room, County Fair Food Store, Mitchell.
• Hanson McCook Regional Library Bookmobile; Montrose, 8:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Orland, 1:20 to 2:30 p.m.
• Open bridge, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., $5 entry fee, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Benefits specialists from DSS’ Division of Economic Development available, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., itinerant office, Plankinton.
• Benefits specialists from DSS’ Division of Economic Development available, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., itinerant office, Howard.
• Davison County Republicans meeting, 7:30 p.m., Welcome Home Furnishings and Consignment, Midtown Plaza, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
CAREGIVERS GROUP TO MEET: Caregivers Support Group will meet at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 26, at Avera Queen of Peace Hospitality House, Mitchell.
Brandi Neugebauer, social services coordinator at Avera Brady, will facilitate the group.
For more information, call 995-6456
Mega Millions: Tuesday’s winning numbers: 1-15-19-30-56; Mega Ball: 28; Megaplier: 3; At least one winner reported; Estimated jackpot: $12 million.
Powerball: Winning numbers drawn Wednesday: 3-17-19-25-32; Power Ball: 17; Estimated jackpot: $70 million.
Hot Lotto: Winning numbers drawn Wednesday: 3-5-7-29-33; Hot Ball: 2; Estimated jackpot: $1.73 million.
Dakota Cash: Winning numbers drawn Wednesday: 7-10-11-28-33; Estimated jackpot: $53,000.
Wild Card 2: Winning numbers drawn Wednesday: 5-24-26-29-32; Wild Card: King of Clubs; Estimated jackpot: $205,000.
In 1931, Alka-Seltzer was introduced. It is still in use today to combat colds and flu.
Today in local history
The unused fourth floor of the Davison County Courthouse sparked conversation with the commissioners on this date in 2009. The old holding cell located there was to be dismantled. Some thought the cell should be retained for use during trials held on the third floor, while others considered storage space a better use of the area.