Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from theater auditions to a meeting of Republicans to a men's chorus festival.
Things to do
• Hanson McCook Regional Library Bookmobile: Fulton, 9:15 to 10 a.m.; Epiphany, 10:30 to 11:15 a.m.
• Benefits specialists from DDS Division of Economic Development available, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., itinerant office, Woonsocket.
• Auditions for six male roles in “Once Upon a Mattress,” 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Pepsi-Cola Theatre, Mitchell
• Gluten Free of South Dakota, 6 p.m., break room, County Fair Foods, Mitchell.
• Hanson McCook Regional Library Bookmobile; Montrose, 8:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Orland, 1:20 to 2:30 p.m.
• Open bridge, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., $5 entry fee, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Benefits specialists from DDS Division of Economic Development available, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., itinerant office, Plankinton.
• Benefits specialists from DDS Division of Economic Development available, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., itinerant office, Howard.
• Davison County Republicans meeting, 7:30 p.m., Welcome Home Furnishings and Consignment, Midtown Plaza, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
LOCAL REPUBLICANS SET MEETING: Davison County Republicans will meet at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 21, at Welcome Home Furnishings and Consignment, Midtown Plaza, Mitchell.
TRIPP HOSTS MEN’S CHORUS FESTIVAL: The 26th annual Men’s Chorus Festival Concert will be presented at 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 24, at Tripp-Delmont School gymnasium, Tripp.
Guest conductor is Milo Pietz, Huron, formerly of the Tripp area. There will be approximately 70 male singers in the chorus, with each individual chorus performing two selections.
Choruses are expected from Verdigre, Neb.; Tripp, Delmont and Dakota Jubilee Chorus. A free-will offering will be accepted.
WEATHER CAUSES CANCELLATION: Due to the weather, Mitchell Police Detective Lt. Don Everson, who was scheduled to speak at the James Valley Community Center on Thursday, Feb. 21, on scams, will no longer be coming to speak. It will be rescheduled for a date to be announced later.
Mega Millions: Winning numbers drawn Tuesday were not available when this edition went to press. Estimated jackpot: $26 million.
From 2007 to 2012, there was a 6 percent increase in public school enrollment, according to the 2012 Kids Count Factbook.
Today in local history
On this date in 1989, Mitchell’s Centennial Committee was encouraging local businesses and residents to fly the red, white and blue centennial flag to support the state’s celebration.