Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from preschool registration to grief support to a bookmobile.
Things to do
• Mitchell Area Historical Society meeting, 7 p.m., program, History of Scouting, Carnegie Resource Center, Mitchell.
• Hanson McCook Regional Library Bookmobile; Marion, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Registration for Mitchell Recreation Center/Palace City Preschool, 4:30 p.m., Preschool room, Rec Center, Mitchell.
• Bingo, 1 p.m., $1 per card or six cards for $5, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• “Scams awareness and prevention,” presented by Det. Lt., Don Everson, 12:15 p.m., James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Free Grief Support group meeting, 10:15 a.m., James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Benefits specialists from DSS divison of Economic Assistance available, 8.a.m. to 4:30 p.m., itinerant office, Wagner.
• Benefits specialists from DSS divison of Economic Assistance available, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., itinerant office, Howard.
• Benefits specialists from DSS divison of Economic Assistance available, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., itinerant office, Wessington Springs.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email email@example.com or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., PO Box 1288, Mitchell, SD, 57301.
Things to remember
PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION SET: Mitchell Recreation Center/Palace City Preschool will hold registration for the 2013-2014 school year at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 19, in the preschool room at the Recreation Center, Mitchell. For information call Chris at 995-8450
Powerball: 15-16-46-50-58; Powerball, 29. Est. jackpot, $70M.
Dakota Cash: 8-14-26-28-34; Est. jackpot, $47,000.
Hot Lotto: 6-8-24-32-38; Hot ball, 14. Est. jackpot, $1.73M.
Mega Millions: 11-35-41-42-44; Megaball, 42; Megaplier, 4. Est. jackpot, $26M.
Wild Card 2: 4-12-20-22-30; Wildcard, Ace of Spades. Est. jackpot, $205,000.
According to the 2012 Kids Count Factbook, 69 percent of the respondents in 2011 said they had drunk alcohol during their life and 39 percent had at least one alcoholic drink during the last 30 days.
Today in local history
On this date in 2009 sitting Mayor Lou Sebert announced his plans to seek a second three-year term as mayor. Sebert and four of the eight City Council members up for reelection could begin gathering signatures in less than two weeks.