Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from Bingo to a music recital to a meeting for Democrats.
Things to do
• Murder Mystery Dinner, 6:30 p.m., Dakota Discovery Museum, Mitchell.
• Project Linus “Make a Blanket Day,” 9 a.m., community room, Meadowlawn Plaza, Mitchell.
• District 20 Cracker Barrel session, 11 a.m., Plank Inn Café, Plankinton.
• Bingo, 3 to 5 p.m., free will soup supper to follow, cards cost two for 25 cents, Holy Spirit Parish Hall, Mitchell.
• Dakota Wesleyan University Faculty Recital, 4 p.m., First United Methodist Church, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
MAHS MEETING FEATURES SCOUTING: The history of the Boy Scouts in Mitchell will be presented at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 18, as the monthly program of the Mitchell Area Historical Society, at the Carnegie Resource Center, Mitchell.
Presenters will include a Life scout, an Eagle scout, a scoutmaster and an assistant scoutmaster.
LOCAL DEMS MEET TUESDAY: Davison Count Democrats will meet at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the LifeQuest Building, Mitchell.
The program will be a discussion on the current budget debates in Washington.
Mega Millions: Winning numbers drawn Friday: 11-35-41-42-44; Mega Ball: 42; Megaplier: 4; Estimated jackpot: $20 million.
Mitchell: $3.587 Yankton: $3.639 Rapid City: $3.177 Sioux Falls: $3.628 State: $3.502 National: $3.643
Today in local history
On this date in 2010, Mitchell City Council approved a sidewalk project, over the objections of some property owners affected by the proposal. The project for that year covered several areas, which brought in about 50 people for testimony and debate.