Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from a blood drive to a bookmobile to a barbershop chorus.
Things to do
• LifeServe blood drive, 2 to 5 p.m., County Fair Food Store, Mitchell.
• Hanson McCook Regional Library Bookmobile: Little Learners, 8:30 to 8:55 a.m.; Emery, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Auditions for ACT production “Once Upon a Mattress,” 7 p.m., Pepsi-Cola Theatre for the Performing Arts, Mitchell.
• Mitchell Area Disability Support Group movie, meet at 4 p.m., $5.50, Logan Luxury Theatre, Mitchell.
• Singing Valentines by Mitchell Barbershop Chorus, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., $25, Mitchell.
• Benefits specialists from DSS division of economic assistance available, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Armour.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Mega Millions: Winning numbers drawn Tuesday: 9-22-32-38-55; Mega Ball: 44; Megaplier: 3; Estimated jackpot: $13 million.
According to the 2012 South Dakota Kids Count Factbook, in 2011, 44 percent of the respondents were trying to lose weight. Those who were overweight accounted for 14 percent of the respondents.
Today in local history
On this date in 2008, the Davison County Commission approved a mutual agreement to provide a cost-effective learning environment for community health workers. It would allow the Dakota Digital Network 800 square feet of unused space as a classroom to help provide a cost-effective learning environment for community health workers.