Sheriff Brink to announce new Davison Co. chief deputyBrink stated last week that he is considering three in-house applicants for the position, which was formerly held by himself when he was chief deputy under former Davison County Sheriff Dave Miles.
By: Staff reports, The Daily Republic
The Davison County commissioners will learn Sheriff Steve Brink’s choice for a chief deputy when that board meets in regular session at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the Commissioner’s Room at the Courthouse, 200 E. Fourth Ave., Mitchell.
Brink stated last week that he is considering three in-house applicants for the position, which was formerly held by himself when he was chief deputy under former Davison County Sheriff Dave Miles.
The agenda also includes:
• 9 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance, approval of past meeting minutes, citizen input.
• 9:30 a.m. Highway Superintendent Rusty Weinberg, regarding setting the date and time for highway bids.
• 9:45 a.m. Sheriff Steve Brink, regarding the introduction of chief deputy and the setting of wages for that position.
• 10 a.m. Jail Administrator Don Radel, regarding a new hire.
• 10:15 a.m. John Geidel, former weed supervisor, with the department year-end report.
• 10:30 a.m. Equipment purchase request.
• 10:45 a.m. Deputy Chief Court Services Officer Freeman, with a request for more office space.
• 11 a.m. Emergency Management Director Jim Montgomery, regarding a reallocation of time management.
• 11:15 a.m. Planning and Zoning Director Dan Sudrla, regarding a laptop purchase.
• 11:30 a.m. Miscellaneous items, including consideration to approve: bills for payment, tax abatements, contingency transfers, a supplement to the sheriff’s office budget, and a review of the auditor’s account on file with the county treasurer.