Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from a murder mystery dinner to a benefit auction to a library grand opening.
Things to do
• 49th annual Miner County Farm and Home Show, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Armory, Howard.
• Scholastic Book Fair, 8:15 a.m. to 9 p.m., Longfellow Elementary, Mitchell.
• Benefits specialists from DSS office of economic assistance available, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., itinerant office, Armour.
• Benefits specialists from DSS office of economic assistance available, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., itinerant office, Plankinton.
• Murder Mystery Dinner, 6:30 p.m., Dakota Discovery Museum, Mitchell.
• Mitchell Christian School 29th annual Benefit Auction, doors open at 5 p.m., auction at 5 p.m., school gymnasium, Mitchell.
• “Hearts of Gold,” Mitchell Middle School Show Choir dinner theater, 6 p.m., $15 per person, MHS gym, Mitchell. Tickets not available at the door.
• Scholastic Book Fair, 8:15 a.m. to 4 p.m., Longfellow Elementary, Mitchell.
• Grand opening for Hanson Area Community Library, 2:30 p.m., new library building, Alexandria.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email email@example.com or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
AUDITIONS FOR MUSICAL SCHEDULED: Auditions for the Area Community Theatre production of “Once Upon a Mattress” will be from 7 to 9 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 11, and Tuesday, Feb. 12, at the Pepsi-Cola Theatre, Mitchell.
The musical, directed by Cheri Hamilton, is based on the fairy tale, “The Princess and the Pea.”
Cast requirements are six men, eight women and a chorus of 10-15 people, of which half need to be men. There are no parts for children under 16 in this production.
Show dates are May 3-5 and 10-12.
Mega Millions: Winning numbers drawn Tuesday: 2-5-10-26-44; Mega ball: 46; Megaplier: 4; At least one winner reported; Estimated jackpot: $12 million.
Powerball: Winning numbers drawn Wednesday: 5-27-36-38-41; Powerball: 12; Estimated jackpot: $208 million.
Dakota Cash: Winning numbers drawn Wednesday: 7-11-12-28-30; Estimated jackpot: $32,000.
Wild Card 2: Winning numbers drawn Wednesday: 3-5-12-22-31; Wild Card: King of Diamonds; Estimated jackpot: $750,000.
Hot Lotto: Winning numbers drawn Wednesday: 9-11-12-17-35; Hot Ball: 19; Estimated jackpot: $1.3 million.
According to the 2012 Kids Count Factbook, six percent of South Dakota teenagers said they had carried a weapon on school property in 2011. This was lower than the 9 percent reported in 2009.
Today in local history
On this date in 2008, the Dakota Wesleyan men’s basketball team upset Morningside College, ranked No. 1 in the national NAIA Division II poll.
DWU ruined Morningside’s run at a perfect season.