Freeman firefighters contain blaze to garageFREEMAN — A garage at a single family home in Freeman was damaged early Monday morning by fire.
By: Staff reports, The Daily Republic
FREEMAN — A garage at a single family home in Freeman was damaged early Monday morning by fire.
A call came in for the Freeman Fire Department around 3 a.m. from a neighbor reporting flames coming out of the northwest corner of a garage at 312 S. Cedar Street.
Freeman Fire Chief Blaine Saarie said firefighters arrived on the scene about five minutes after the call and contained the fire before it spread to the house.
“For that time of the morning, you are always expecting the worst, because you never how know long it’s been burning,” Saarie said. “But it got called in right away and we were able to get there fast and get it under control.”
The fire started in a garbage can, Saarie said. He assumes something that was still hot was put into the can and then caught fire later in the night.
No damage was done to the house and the damage in the garage was confined to one corner. No one was injured.