Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from jewelry-making to a jazz festival to bingo.
Things to do
• Hanson-McCook Regional Library Bookmobile, 8 to 8:15 a.m., Diamond Care; 8:15 to 8:30 a.m., Learning Bridge; 8:45 a.m. to 2 p.m., Bridgewater.
• 10 point pitch games, 1 p.m., $1 per person, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Hanson-McCook Regional Library bookmobile, 8:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., Hanson.
• Turtle Island Jewelry making session, 10 a.m. to noon, $15 plus materials, Dakota Discovery Museum, Mitchell.
• Family Selection meeting for Habitat for Humanity home, 6:30 p.m., First Lutheran Church, Mitchell.
• Get Fit While You Sit class, 2 p.m., lobby of Cancer Center, Mitchell.
• John Paul II Kindergarten information night, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., multi-purpose room, John Paul II Elementary School, Mitchell.
• 2013 Palace City Jazz Festival, 7 p.m., $8 at door for adults, $5 in advance at County Fair; children 10 and under, free, Sherman Center, DWU, Mitchell.
• Bingo, 1 p.m., $1 per card or six cards for $5, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., PO Box 1288, Mitchell, SD, 57301.
Things to remember
WELLNESS FOCUS OF FAIR ON SATURDAY: The 20th Annual Chamber Health and Wellness Fair will be held on Saturday, Feb. 2, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Mitchell Christian School, Mitchell. This year’s focus is family health, wellness and nutrition.
New this year is the Frozen Foot 5K Fun Run. There will also be the annual hula-hoop contest for children and adults. Children can also enjoy fun exercising activities in the Mitchell Exchange Club Children’s Fun Center or the Mitchell Park and Recreation Fun Center.
PRAIRIE STITCHERS SEW IN PLAIN VIEW: “Stitch-In-Public Day” will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 2, at CornerStone Coffee House and Deli, Mitchell. The event is sponsored by Prairie Stitchers, a branch of the Embroiderer’s Guild of America and members will be working on stitchery projects.
Powerball: 3-22-26-41-49; Powerball, 18. Est. jackpot, $151M.
Dakota Cash: 6-8-22-26-29. Est. jackpot, $20,000.
Hot Lotto: 1-3-10-16-24; Hot ball, 7. Est. jackpot, $1.2M.
Mega Millions: 11-12-17-31-48; Megaball, 1; Megaplier, 4. Est. jackpot, $12M.
Wild Card 2: 1-3-9-18-28; Wildcard, Ace of Clubs. Est. jackpot, $695,000.
The dropout rate for Hanson County Schools: 2010-2011: Hanson, 0.6 percent; Bridgewater-Emery, 0.0 percent 2011-2012: Hanson. 0.6 percent; Bridgewater-Emery 0.0 percent.
— Source: S.D. Kids Count Factbook