BANKRUPTCIESHere are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Jan. 17 through Jan. 23.
Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Jan. 17 through Jan. 23. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a courtapproved plan for repayment.
• Belle Fourche: John Eldore Steinbrecher, Chapter 7; Mary Jane Steinbrecher, Chapter 7; Steven Floyd Westland, Chapter 7; Rosemary Jean Westland, Chapter 7.
• Box Elder: James Adam Bolling, Chapter 7.
• Brandon: Joel Ronald Larson, Chapter 13.
• Dell Rapids: Bradley Lane Westergard, Chapter 7.
• Madison: Ruth Marie Stacey, 7.
• Midland: Patrick John Foley, Chapter 13.
• Rapid City: Beau James Lambert, Chapter 7.
• Sioux Falls: Shane David Krull, Chapter 7; Laura Leigh Lacey, Chapter 7; James Steven Hulse, Chapter 7. Cynthia Sweeney Hulse, Chapter 7.
• Tripp: Warren Lowell Brown, Chapter 7; Judith Benita Brown, Chapter 7.
• Watertown: Delvin Jesse Hutchins, Chapter 7.
• Wessington Springs: Michial Lynn Brodkorb, Chapter 13.