Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from gas prices to a Kristi Noem town hall to a Boy Scout spaghetti feed.
• Ladies and Gents’ Night Out, 7:30 p.m., $10 in advance, $12 at the door, Pepsi-Cola Theatre for the Performing Arts, Mitchell.
• Super Saturday, 1 to 4 p.m., Sandra Krage teaching paper sculpture, no charge, Dakota Discovery Museum, Mitchell.
• Boy Scout Troop 75 annual spaghetti feed, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., $5 for adults, $3 for children ages 6-12; ages 5 and under free, First United Methodist Church, Mitchell.
• Soup and sandwich luncheon sponsored by Catholic Daughters of America-Knights of Columbus, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., free will donation, Sacred Heart Parish Center, Parkston.
• Progressive pitch party, 2 p.m., $5 to play, Community Room, Geddes.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email email@example.com or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
NOEM TO HOLD TOWN MEETING: Representative Kristi Noem will hold a town meeting at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 1, at the Highland Conference Center, Mitchell.
Mega Millions: Winning numbers drawn Friday: 11-12-17-31-48; Mega Ball: 1; Megaplier: 4; Estimated jackpot: $89 million.
Mitchell: $3.233 Yankton: $3.199 Rapid City: $2.763 Sioux Falls: $3.353 State: $3.125 National: $3.331
Today in local history
A poll released on this date in 2008 indicated that a majority of parents wanted a new building for Longfellow School. The Longfellow PTA group conducted the poll during parent-teacher conferences in January 2008.