Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from a theater production to a spaghetti feed to bingo.
Things to do
• Mitchell Area Historical Society meeting, 7 p.m., Dr. Duffett speaking on history of Dakota Wesleyan University, Carnegie Resource Center, Mitchell.
• “African Americans,” presentation by Mixed Blood Theatre, 7 p.m. East Main dining room, Dakota Wesleyan campus, Mitchell.
• Bingo, doors open at 6 p.m., bingo starts at 7 p.m., $1 per card, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Hanson-McCook Regional Library bookmobile, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Marion.
• Caregivers Support Group meeting, 2 p.m., Avera Queen of Peace Hospitality House, Mitchell.
• 8 and 40 meeting, 5:30 p.m., Shay’s, Ramada, Mitchell.
• Get Fit While You Sit class, 2 p.m., lobby of Cancer Center, Mitchell.
• Bingo, 1 p.m., $1 per card of six for $5, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Dance to the music of Loyd Oleson, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m., $4 which includes lunch, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Commercial Pesticide Applicator training, 8:30 a.m., Davison County 4-H Building, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email email@example.com or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., PO Box 1288, Mitchell, SD, 57301.
Things to remember
SPAGHETTI FEED SCHEDULED: The annual Boy Scout Troop 75 Spaghetti Feed will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 27, at First United Methodist Church, Mitchell.
Menu includes spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, garlic bread and dessert. Cost is $5 foe adults, children ages 6-12, $3 and under 5 years old eat free. Tickets are available from Troop 75 Scouts at the door. For information call 996-6897.
Powerball: 8-28-29-34-38; Powerball, 35. Est. jackpot, $110M.
Dakota Cash: 14-27-28-30-34. Est. jackpot, $20,000.
Hot Lotto: 5-10-14-31-32; Hot ball, 10. Est. jackpot, $1.1M.
Mega Millions: 8-18-25-42-49; Megaball, 14; Megaplier, 4. Est. jackpot, $80M.
Wild Card 2: 2-3-5-16-17; Wildcard, Ace of Diamonds. Est. jackpot, $640,000.
The dropout rate for 2011-2012 school year for Davison County public high schools was: Ethan, 1.0 percent; Mitchell, 1.3 percent; Mount Vernon, 2.4 percent.
Today in local history
It was announced on this date in 2008 that driving under the influence violations fell from 2007 by 53 cases in Davison County. This was in spite that statewide DUI case filings increased 4.2 percent.