BANKRUPTCIESHere are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Jan. 10 through Jan. 16.
Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Jan. 10 through Jan. 16. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a courtapproved plan for repayment.
• Brookings: Robert Edward O’Dell, Chapter 7; Kayla Marie Mehlhoff, Chapter 7; Matthew David Mehlhoff, Chapter 7.
• Canton: Gregory Loren Ekle, Chapter 7; Tara Lynn Ekle, Chapter 7.
• Gregory: Francis Martin Langan, Chapter 7.
• Lead: Raymond Russell Pearce, Chapter 7; Betty Jean Pearce, Chapter 7.
• Mitchell: Joan Marie Nelson, Chapter 7.
• Rapid City: Patrick Henry Garcia, Chapter 7; Norma Jean Garcia, Chapter 7.
• Sioux Falls: Ellyn Rae Monzo, Chapter 7; Aziz Memic, Chapter 13; Mira Memic, Chapter 13; Richard Gerald Ferguson, Chapter 7; Lisa Ann Ferguson, Chapter 7; Cheryl Gay Miller, Chapter 7; Amy Elizabeth Hawes, Chapter 7.
• Sturgis: Belinda Mae Nelson, Chapter 7.
• Tea: Russell David Pies, Chapter 13; Jessica Beth Pies, Chapter 13.
• Yankton: Pamela Sue Meeker, Chapter 7.