Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from comedy sketches to a book sale to a winter festival.
Things to do
• Super Saturday, 1 to 4 p.m., no charge, Dakota Discovery Museum, Mitchell.
• Free self-publishing workshop, 1 to 4 p.m., The Art and Antique Gallery, Tyndall.
• Used Book Sale, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Carnegie Resource Center, Mitchell.
• Cracker Barrel session, 10 a.m., MTI south campus, Mitchell.
• Turtle Island jewelry making session, 2 to 4 p.m., $15 plus materials, Dakota Discovery Museum, Mitchell.
• Lakota Winter Games with Mike Marshall, 1 p.m., Prehistoric Indian Village, Mitchell.
• Winter Festival, noon, St. Margaret’s Catholic Church, Kimball.
• Bingo, 3 to 5 p.m., followed by baked potato supper; cards, two for 25 cents, Holy Spirit Parish Hall, MItchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email dailynews@mitchellrepublic. com or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
EVENING OF COMEDY SKETCHES PLANNED: Ladies and Gents Night Out, “A Last Helping of Carol Burnett,” will be at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 25-26, at Pepsi-Cola Theatre, Mitchell.
Tickets are $10 in advance or $12 at the door. Beverages will be available before the show and during intermission with pie being served at intermission.
Winning numbers drawn Friday: 8-18-25-42-49; Mega Ball: 14; Megaplier: 3; Estimated jackpot: $70 million.
Mitchell: $3.152 Yankton: $3.149 Rapid City: $2.719 Sioux Falls: $3.152 State: $3.055 National: $3.293
Today in local history
On this date in 2008, the new contracts for police and firefighter union members were approved by the City Council. The contracts included wage increases and changes in longevity pay.