Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from a book sale to a cracker barrel to a dance.
Things to do
• 10th annual Women in Blue Jeans Conference, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Highland Conference Center, Mitchell.
• Super Saturday, 1 to 4 p.m., no charge, Dakota Discovery Museum, Mitchell.
• Free self-publishing workshop, 1 to 4 p.m., The Art and Antique Gallery, Tyndall.
• Used Book Sale, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Carnegie Resource Center, Mitchell.
• Cracker Barrel session, 10 a.m., MTI amphitheater, south campus, Mitchell.
• Turtle Island Jewelry making session, 2 to 4 p.m., $15 plus materials, Dakota Discovery Museum, Mitchell.
• Lakota Winter Games with Mike Marshall, 1 p.m., Prehistoric Indian Village, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
8 AND 40 TO MEET: 8 and 40 will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 22, at Shay’s, in the Ramada, Mitchell.
JVCC SPONSORS DANCE: Dance to the music of Loyd Oleson from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 22, at James Valley Community Center, Mitchell. Admission is $4, which includes lunch. All ages are welcome.
Powerball: Wednesday numbers: 9-21-28-32-51; Powerball: 35; No winner reported; Estimated jackpot: $100 million.
Wild Card: Wednesday numbers: 9-14-19-23-29; Wild Card: Ace of Diamonds; No winner reported; Estimated jackpot: $615,000.
Hot Lotto: Wednesday numbers: 8- 16-24-35; Hot Ball: 13; No winner reported; Estimated jackpot: $1.05 million.
Dakota Cash: Wednesday numbers: 8-12-15-32; One winner reported; Estimated jackpot: $20,000.
Of the 19,651 people in Davison County, 5,141 are under age 20.
Today in local
On this date in 2011, the Mitchell School Board accepted a $1,000 award from the Associated School Boards of South Dakota as winners of the “School Board Award of Excellence” The Mitchell board was the first-ever winner of the award. The funds will be used for some type of scholarship.