Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from New Year's Eve entertainment to the Harlem Globetrotters to blood drives.
• Joe Kick Azz, playing from 9:30 p.m. to close, Thirsty’s, Mitchell. $5 cover.
• The Renegades with Hadley Moody, playing from 9:30 p.m. until 1:30 a.m., Blarney’s, Mitchell. No cover.
• Time Bomb, playing from 9 p.m. until 2 a.m., American Legion, Mitchell.
• High Low Draw Doubles Dart Tournament, noon signup and 1 p.m. start, $10 per person, Moonlight Bar and Lounge, Mitchell.
• Harlem Globetrotters, 7 p.m., $15, Corn Palace, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., PO Box 1288, Mitchell, SD, 57301.
Things to remember
ALEXANDRIA — LifeServe Blood Center will hold a blood drive from 5 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 10, at the Fire and EMS Building, Alexandria.
BLOOD DRIVE – LifeServe Blood Center will hold a blood drive from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 11, at Walmart, Mitchell.
Powerball: 36-46-50-52-55; Powerball, 14. Est. jackpot, $50M.
Dakota Cash: 5-16-30-33-34. Est. jackpot, $131,000.
Hot Lotto: 2-6-17-20-30; Hot ball, 15. Est. jackpot, $8.48M.
Mega Millions: 10-13-32-40-41; Megaball, 32; Megaplier, 4. Est. jackpot, $30M.
Wild Card 2: 1-9-11-16-25; Wildcard, King of Hearts. Est. jackpot, $515,000.
Davison County has an average of 44.8 people per square mile compared with an average of 10.7 people per square mile in South Dakota over all, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.