16 artists featured in art showThe Mitchell Area Arts Council Art Show and sale opened Nov. 29 and will run through Jan. 20 at the Dakota Discovery Museum.
By: Candy DenOuden, The Daily Republic
The Mitchell Area Arts Council Art Show and sale opened Nov. 29 and will run through Jan. 20 at the Dakota Discovery Museum.
Show coordinator Lelia Guilbert said there will be 16 member artists featured in the show, with art ranging from paintings to hand-made jewelry to leatherworks.
Featured artists include:
• Nicole Heitzman, Parkston, triptychs and a painting.
• Jordan and Masondra Metzger, Mitchell, leather-bound books, leather works.
• Bill Wegleitner, Mitchell, paintings.
• Elle and Rich Rice, Delmont, natural stone jewelry.
• Delores Spry, Mitchell, paintings.
• Sharon Schnabel, Tripp, pressed flower pictures and greeting cards.
• Sherry Stilley, Mitchell, painting and raku pottery.
• Elizabeth “Sam” Grosz, Delmont, paintings.
• Brad Jones, Hot Springs, photography.
• Lauretta Larsen, Mitchell, painting and ornaments.
• Rich Stedman, Mitchell, paintings and greeting cards.
• Sandra Krage, Mitchell, mixed media and painting.
• Lelia Guilbert, Mitchell, raku pottery and hand-dyed “wearables.”
• Rebecca Driedger, Mitchell, jewelry and painting.
• Open Studio Group, comprised of David Cantrell, Patricia Bleeker and Sandra Krage, all of Mitchell, paintings.
Guilbert said artists had to be members of the Mitchell Area Arts Council to be featured in the show, but not all of the members are featured.